All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tritch
join:2007-04-30
Porter, TX

tritch

[Embarq] Any plans to upgrade Embarq ADSL2+ areas to VDSL2?

Quest customers are light years ahead of the Embarq customers when it comes to DSL speeds. We're stuck on ADSL2+ while they are already on VDSL2. Does anyone know whether or not CenturyLink has any future plans to upgrade the Embarq areas to VDSL2?
fossilz
join:2001-03-20
Port Charlotte, FL

fossilz

Been wondering the same. Charter is getting ready to put in cable in my neighborhood and I'll be looking to switch unless CL plans on upgrading.

xsbell
join:2008-12-22
Canada

xsbell to tritch

to tritch
It would depend on what kind of equipment you have in the area. If you can already get ADSL2+, more than likely these are newer SLAMs that are already fed with GigE so they would need to upgrade the line card to support VDSL2.

I haven't been able to find what equipment they currently have deployed, but I'm guessing they're using ACL 7330s and Lucent Stingers.

whatthehell
@embarqhsd.net

whatthehell

Anon

said by xsbell:

I haven't been able to find what equipment they currently have deployed, but I'm guessing they're using ACL 7330s and Lucent Stingers.

What you're dealing with is the equipment that 3 different ILECS used prior to all coming under the Centurylink umbrella.

I can't answer what the legacy CenturyTel or Qwest uses, but in the old Embarq areas many CO's where DSL was rolled out years ago you might be able to find an Alcatel, but for the most part in offices you'll find Stingers with the newer equipment being from Calix. At the remote sites you can find about a half a dozen different types of equipment.
Crusty
join:2008-11-11
Sanger, TX

Crusty to tritch

to tritch
Great question. Not even sure what they've got in my area.
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to tritch

to tritch
Hey tritch, this is B with the CenturyLink Help Team. I not certain of any plans off hand, but if you'll e-mail me at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com, I'll be happy to check for any plans that may be scheduled for your area.

Please including your billing number & full home address.
Thanks,

B
CenturyLink Help Team