Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

msmmh

join:2011-09-08
Rayland, OH

1 edit

[Exede] Exede and ATT MicroCell signal booster

I was wondering if you can use the ATT MicroCell signal booster with the new Exede satellite system. I know it wouldn't work with the old Wildblue system because of the latency issues. Any help would be great.

msmmh

Rayland, OH

Re: [Exede] Excede and ATT MicroCell signal booster

I read that Exede will offer a VOIP so I'm thinking that the MicroCell single booster should work.

JSheridan

join:2006-07-03
USA
reply to DrStrangLov

Re: [Exede] Exede and ATT MicroCell signal booster

Deleted...

JSheridan

join:2006-07-03
USA
reply to DrStrangLov

said by DrStrangLov:

said by msmmh:

Exede satellite system...latency issues

Surfbeam 2 modem has OCTEON Plus processor, and it was designed for "video/voice-over-IP services to millions of end-users."

My latency has been running around 25 ms.

So with 25ms latency using the satellite that means that you must be in orbit pretty close to it. That confirms what I have long suspected. Thank you.

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28

said by JSheridan:

So with 25ms latency

Jitter...an error when making a quick post; don't jump to a false conclusion.

msmmh

Rayland, OH
reply to msmmh

I guess my main question is, will the MicroCell signal booster work with a high speed satellite svs? The ATT website said that MicroCell is not compatible with satellite services but I'm wondering if it had to do with latency. Or maybe its something completely different

DrStrangLov

1 edit
reply to msmmh

said by msmmh:

Exede satellite system...latency issues

Surfbeam 2 modem has OCTEON Plus processor, and it was designed for "video/voice-over-IP services to millions of end-users."

My jitter has been running around 25 ms.

Note: Corrected

DrStrangLov

reply to msmmh

See this post here

msmmh

Rayland, OH
reply to msmmh

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go ahead with the Obihai OBI100 VOIP, its cheap and the calls are free through Google Voice.

After doing some research I think the obi will work better for what we need. Not to mention it would save talk time on the cell phones.

hdman
Flt Rider
Premium
join:2003-11-25
Appleton, WI
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat

I use the Obi110 on Exede and I LOVE IT. I added a $23 Motorola DECT 6.0 phone from Menards, and its great. The wife and kids have their land line, and I have my Sat phone over Google Voice and mine is F-R-E-E! Google Talk and the Obi products kicks some serious azz. You won't be unhappy.

Good luck!

HDMan
--
The proper way to break in a Harley: Grab a fist full of throttle, and ride it like you stole it!!!

msmmh

Rayland, OH

Thanks Hdman, ordered my obi100 today from newegg for $47.

Got Exede installed yesterday and its blazing fast so far. I tested it on speakeasy and it tested at 17mg + download.

I got my Exede through Dish and the install went very well. The installers aren't all that technically inclined though. The guy didn't hook my router to the modem correctly and told me that my router wasn't compatible with the new modem. I waited until he left and connected it correctly and it works fine. Other then that they were very professional and they showed up exactly when they said they would be there. The helper even took the ladder from the truck and relocated my cell phone antenna for me. That's above and beyond.

marsh_0x

join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI

msmmh
After 2 months I remain impressed with Exede, speed is a consistent 16Mbps, only once down to 10Mb/s for an hour.
I use HN for testing since I also have both and Cellcom accurate along with Speakeasy, the others can be so off.

Hi hdman
Ah nice weather to ride the hog, our MDA fall ride hopefully will see you at Silver Birch. Ouch 21 March they were barefoot water skiing on Clear Lake.

Thanks for that Obi110 probably will check it out, tho being a hermit wonder why, of little need for a phone, in your case intelligent thinking