ctceo
Premium
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN
Reviews:
·Virgin Mobile Br..

1 recommendation

Same Reason

For the same reason a 56k user "Shotgunned" 2 modems or I multi-wanned 2 DSL modems back in the day when 1.5 whas the fastest you could get or an old client of mine multi-wanned 4 t1's or another multi wanned 2 comcast connections

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by ctceo:

For the same reason a 56k user "Shotgunned" 2 modems or I multi-wanned 2 DSL modems back in the day when 1.5 whas the fastest you could get or an old client of mine multi-wanned 4 t1's or another multi wanned 2 comcast connections

Do those shotgunned dial-up modems still happen today?

firedrakes

join:2009-01-29
Arcadia, FL
hell i am paying 108 bucks a month for 24mb plan with a isp.... hell i think about doing this and making where i could cover the cost back for it

ctceo
Premium
South Bend, IN
Reviews:
·Virgin Mobile Br..

1 recommendation

reply to antdude
I know of a few people who have no choice but to pay for 4 pots lines and use them over getting huges net.

One of my older clients who I haven't heard from in a while had 6 pots lines, and paid $60 a month (not including the phone bill) to have 384kbps Multi-Wan via triple shotgun technology. I still know someone who has dual shotguns for 256k cause it is cheaper than having a t1 installed or getting dish.
--
----
As long as superstition prevails, we will fall short of eradicating war, poverty, and hunger. -J. Fresco

khanacademy.org
en.lernu.net
www.k12.com
churchofreality.org
kopimistsamfundet.se
zeitnews.org
thezeitgeistmovement.com
thevenusproject.com
---

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by ctceo:

I know of a few people who have no choice but to pay for 4 pots lines and use them over getting huges net.

One of my older clients who I haven't heard from in a while had 6 pots lines, and paid $60 a month (not including the phone bill) to have 384kbps Multi-Wan via triple shotgun technology. I still know someone who has dual shotguns for 256k cause it is cheaper than having a t1 installed or getting dish.

Wow, that's nuts!

ctceo
Premium
South Bend, IN
I knew fourth-hand of somebody who set up a dish farm in his neighborhood (he's the owner of a subdivision of some 450 homes and growing), a quad-wan routed private ISP based on the old hughes net.