how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dtherbert

join:2009-04-24
Evanston, IL
reply to JohnInSJ

Re: Comcast Xfinity for Xbox launching soon (possibly next week)

So quick question:

I have Xfinity video and internet. I go over to my son's house to help him take care of his children. He has Xfinity internet only and an Xbox 360. Can I activate/login with my account on his Xbox so we are able to watch more things when I am over there?

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
said by dtherbert:

So quick question:

I have Xfinity video and internet. I go over to my son's house to help him take care of his children. He has Xfinity internet only and an Xbox 360. Can I activate/login with my account on his Xbox so we are able to watch more things when I am over there?

I believe not.

That's my understanding of how it works - it will not activate there.

Edit: »www.xbox.com/en-US/live/partners/xfinity

Note steps 2 and 3.
Restrictions apply. XFINITY TV Digital Starter service or above and XFINITY Internet required. on bottom of page.

--
My place : »www.schettino.us

utsports

join:2009-07-13
Knoxville TN
reply to dtherbert
said by dtherbert:

Actually I tried this recently and it worked, I think if your both on the same headend HFC Network it will.

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
said by utsports:

said by dtherbert:

Actually I tried this recently and it worked, I think if your both on the same headend HFC Network it will.

Should not work, unless both people have xfinity broadband and video. Since comcast easily can figure out which account the xbox is on (if its on comcast at all) and verify it qualifies or not, it seems unlikely they wouldn't check.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us