AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Help Plz: How to turn off WPS on WNDR3700v3

Hi:

I can't seem to turn it off. I have no idea how it was turned on in the first place.

Help appreciated.

Thanks
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
Perhaps the information below from Netgear might help:

How do NETGEAR Home routers defend WiFi Protected Setup PIN against brute force vulnerability?

1. Login to the router GUI by typing www.routerlogin.net on an Internet browser's address bar. Note: Default logins are: Username = admin, Password = password.
2. Go to Advanced Setup menu and select Wireless Settings.
3. Under WPS settings, put a check mark on Disable Router's PIN box.
4. Hit Apply button to save settings.

--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

AkFubar

Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
Thank you for replying NetFixer. I have this router set as a wireless access point only. I have tried the setting that you suggest and I have tried a reset to factory defaults. The WPS light on the modem is still lit when I use WPA2. My tablet says it is a secure connection and cannot get an IP .
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 edit
said by AkFubar:

Thank you for replying NetFixer. I have this router set as a wireless access point only. I have tried the setting that you suggest and I have tried a reset to factory defaults. The WPS light on the modem is still lit when I use WPA2. My tablet says it is a secure connection and cannot get an IP .

When you manually setup WPA(2), I think that the WPS light is supposed to be on with your Netgear router (I know that it does that with my WNR1000v2). I think that the WPS indicator lamp is just misnamed, it doesn't necessarily mean that WPS is active, only that wireless security is active. I assume that your mentioning a modem with a WPS indicator is just a typo, and is not referring to another piece of equipment?

WPA2 is a secure connection, and you won't get an IP address to a client using DHCP until that client is authenticated. That is how a secure WiFi connection works. Does your tablet support WPA2, and have you configured it for your connection?
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

AkFubar

Toronto CAN.
It is OK I solved the problem. It turned out to be a Tablet problem in the end. Thanks for your replies NetFixer.
--