spc
Search similar:

uniqs
xwaretech
join:2011-01-30
Bedford, OH

xwaretech

Who's Installing Fiber in Bedford, OH?

Could this be Verzion? I seen a truck with the logo on it. They were in a VRAD box that looked like the local Uverse boxes around town, tinted green with wood paneling for the windows. Any Ideas? Oh and they just started plopping orange and yellow flags around the street and in front of my apartment complex as well from that box down the street.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

I doubt it is FiOS. Verizon said expansion of that service was halted. Looking at the Verizon Wireless Coverage map shows Bedford, OH to be in 4G LTE territory. I think they may be filling in a weak LTE coverage area with a fiber fed antenna installation. Or it could be like my town. What we thought was a big fiber installation seems to have been the cable, phone, and electric company just having to move things around to allow for new street lights, traffic signals, and traffic cameras at renovated intersections.
xwaretech
join:2011-01-30
Bedford, OH

xwaretech

That's the thing, they did that last year around the neighborhood, why would they do it again? plus they started doing the VRAD boxes up where there was none, something fishy is going on! Thing is, I currently only can get DSL, and cable around my apartment complex, maybe ATT is bring Uverse around? Hope so though, I can't stand TWC being the only "Fast" internet around
xwaretech

xwaretech

Update: Found out it's "Qwest" who's installing the fiber via CentryLink. Verizon is handling the installing I guess as well. They won't tell me what services are going to be provided but I did get a chance to get a phone number of the tech who's leading the project, Left a message hopefully he gets back to me.