Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dee01832

join:2012-04-02
Haverhill, MA

2 edits

[Rant] Consumer Power

Split from this topic --> »Comcast removed post, refuses to answer speed questions
~sorto'

I applaud the Comcast employees here, I do. They are absolutely correct (well somewhat) well trained, however my opinion is they are techs perhaps low level engineers.
I believe the issues most people have with internet / broadband/satellite communication companies begin with CEO's who direct the herds of intern attorneys to find that loophole in the current law. You will see many many many lawsuits many many verdicts against these companies ( ill post my verdict, of course if I don't accept the enticing offer with the CEO's
favorite document being a non disclosure order ) The reality is WE- YOU- US As consumers MUST not stop until the FCC, The CPA, local and state legislation have no choice (despite the lobbyist best efforts) to clearly enforce actual constant metering, dedicated,reliable connections, not a "throttled" or XXX company does not guarantee said connection speed. You buy a pound
of cheese you pay for a pound of cheese, not what the clerk feels like calling a pound of cheese, know what I mean. These loopholes that legal teams jump through and people complaining but continue being loyal customers with a chip on shoulder, must become a voice.

As consumers YOU have the power to push for what is right, what is fair. Its YOUR MONEY. And honestly there are some competitors who offer better prices in the end you get the same speed anyway considering XXX does not guarantee your speed.. Dam I don't even get half So that is why, I myself without an attorney have some pretty solid points to make, and mark my words this one hopefully (if i dont settle and quietly go away) will start some change.

I am no computer/broadband, etc genius by no means, but I do know the LAW!
I guess as i move forward with my suit, then continue helping every other person who feels they were sold a product, entered a contact with the promise of this company providing a service only to be stuck in a contract with service your not happy with join in a class action suit, and the US ATTORNEY indicts for violation of numerous anti t
rust laws, locally and federal unfair, deceptive practice , then the comment of call a lawyer i will giggle at!!! Not to surer on the forum rule, but if any fed up consumer wishes to hear my story please message me in here, and hopefully the mods realize I commented with no malice intent, jsut some advice,
If you read this, thank you!!!

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

Re: Consumer Power

what suit?

you werent the OP in the thread this was taken from....

if its regards to speeds, you pay for UP TO a certain amount of speed.....reasonably close.....

the way an HFC network functions you CANNOT guarantee speeds...its IMPOSSIBLE!!!! electronics fail, weather, car accidents, people digging....etc.....

your analogy to cheese would be ok if you said you were buying a package of cheese labeled as UP TO a pound of cheese.....and you got home its 3/4 a pound....

no lawyer worth a lick would represent you.
--
I'm better than you!

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20

1 edit
reply to dee01832

Re: [Rant] Consumer Power

what exactly do you intend to gain out of this?

you're not the OP so I don't see why you're suggesting suing and all...and I don't get this sue trigger happy people....not getting what I want, I'll sue...c'mon...there are other court cases that are more legit.

and even if you do pursue your case, I'm sure you'll be battling with intern lawyers who'll shoot your down early for their regular practice as interns....

if you don't get what you want or what you think you paid for, move on.

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
kudos:1
reply to dee01832

Have fun getting laughed out of court...

dee01832

Haverhill, MA
reply to gar187er

Re: Consumer Power

Gar I have 2 attorneys. so unless you are an attorney i think you cant assume NO LAWYER would represent.. even better i have these attorneys as guides as I represent my self.
MY issue is you can say UP TO then charge me for IF I GET and thats it... read up on anti trust laws, read up on deceptive practices.. i would love to keep you informed on my situation, Please understand i didnt post here to argue, insult or anything to anyone... i found a forum with similar issues. AND when a company rents you equipment for a service they provide and the rent you something that is not rated for the product you bought there is liability. When there are over 100 documented request for help and all were never resolved, etc So if you want, i will keep you up to date To me, this is interesting at the least. alet me know i hve no problem updating the forum, however if members dont wnt me to i wont

dee01832

Haverhill, MA
reply to medbuyer

Me myself, I want the $4,560 i paid for something i didnt get. I want there to be CLEAR advertising, I want there to be some kind of regulations in place tht are not grey And im not an OP I thought this was a FORUM

dee01832

Haverhill, MA
reply to Cheese

This may not get that far considering i have TWO offers from legal in 24 hours... but perhaps this is the wrong place to discuss this... What ever, hope you all have a good day!

Expand your moderator at work

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21
reply to dee01832

Welcome to BBR, dee01832.

Often new members don't notice the red and yellow envelopes near the top of the browser. Please notice you have instant messages waiting.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

Expand your moderator at work

medbuyer

reply to dee01832

said by dee01832:

Me myself, I want the $4,560 i paid for something i didnt get.

can you please show us how you came up with $4560? if ever, the only one who's going to see any money here would be your lawyers.

are you a residential or business comcast user?

and what exactly are you going to sue them for?

dee01832

Haverhill, MA

8 years of enhanced service at 40 extra a mont which i never got rental fees etc i will be hppy to share the depo when it arrives im not looking to argue with anyof you simply wanted to share so if you are looking for an argument, or anything else, please do not respond to my post.

dee01832

Haverhill, MA
reply to medbuyer

Also, I have attorney to guide, I intend on representing myself. Im not sue happy I want what I am owed.I want to see some new laws in place to protect others thats it

medbuyer

reply to dee01832

said by dee01832:

8 years of enhanced service at 40 extra a mont which i never got rental fees etc i will be hppy to share the depo when it arrives im not looking to argue with anyof you simply wanted to share so if you are looking for an argument, or anything else, please do not respond to my post.

8 years of enhanced service? what speed tier is that? and 40 extra for what? rental fees for modems are $7 per month...

I take it that you are a residential customer?

if you can't answer our basic questions here, how do you expect to explain all of this to your lawyer who might not have the slightest idea on how broadband works, BUT would gladly take your money as it is still income for them.

tell us what your service history is with Comcast, why you think they failed in servicing your account and why you think suing them will make you financially happy and maybe get the problem solved or you move to another ISP?

edit: apparently you're now representing yourself with the guidance of a lawyer.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to dee01832

We are not looking to argue. Do you think you are the only one that tried this in the past? We are all here to help, and sometimes that means advising against something you BELIEVE is right.

In this case, you happen to be wrong. On all the paperwork, and terms of service, internet speeds are never "guarenteed". Rental fees are a part of the business. You always have the option of buying your own modem, or your own STB (granted you would still need the cable cards, but those are generally free).

What youre doing is trying to return a car that you paid full price for, just becasue of the calculations you made were 1 MPG short of what was advertised. You still drove the car, and there is a price to do so.

Honestly, if you feel like going to court is your best option, then go ahead and do it. Maybe you like the "David and Goliath" feeling, who knows. Just dont be disappointed when things dont go your way. No judge will believe that a "reasonable" person would have service for 8 years if they were unhappy with it.

All that being said, I would love to see any and all paperwork you can provide, such as case number, and named defense (remember to block our your personal information).

If you ever need help with your broadband/computer/anything else issues, feel free to look around our forums.

dee01832

Haverhill, MA

Ok, Now ... Consider consumer protection
A company rents you a product to deliver their service That company must rent an adequate device to obtain service... Hey I get my money im happy just makes me wonder how many other people this happens to and they have no idea. It happened to be a comcast tech who realized that i never got the service i bought

medbuyer

said by dee01832:

Ok, Now ... Consider consumer protection
A company rents you a product to deliver their service That company must rent an adequate device to obtain service... Hey I get my money im happy just makes me wonder how many other people this happens to and they have no idea. It happened to be a comcast tech who realized that i never got the service i bought

what service did you subscribe and what did you actually get?

you're really into this vague thing, not exactly telling everybody what went wrong.

what made you stick with them for 8 years only to find out and told by a tech that you're not getting the service? when exactly did you notice that you were having issues?

dee01832

Haverhill, MA

K, i always seem to have am issue with modem.. i have asked a number of times if they can send me a different one, they wpuld send a signal and say its fine... well i was all all night working, and was having issues i called 2 times between 2-6 am. Then my next call i was determined to have a real solution. The guy looks up my info told me to go to a web site had me plug ethernet direct to pc ran some test he put me on hold comes back and says you need a new modem. Explains that the service i have that modem will not pass through the speed correctly. Talked to many people there throughout the following day one woman figured out i pay 39.99 more a month for what ever enhanced package ii get and the modem couldnt deliver was told a supervisor would be in touch mean time looked up some laws etc talked to a few attorneys not because im sue happy but because in the event they offer me something stupid i will be educated on my rights. at this point the first free service was a joke, i await PA corporate office to call me again, cause there first 500 credit was laughed at. AND in this cause its not a simple billing error covered under 180 days its under consumer protection, and what a companies responsibility is to provide me service. I am not an engineer how the hell do i know what im getting or not getting. Left to trust what your told from the professionals. So, started reseaching many other things and found many many cpa, anti trust deceptive practice MANY violations. Without naming names, companies etc talked to reps from cpa, from fcc and had a nice conversation with a paralegal with the us attorney... like i said i want my money. and these companies must be clear on what they sell... UP to dont cut it. you dont pay UP to if you get it Hope i typed this as it in my brain.. hearing it is much better but anyways

dee01832

Haverhill, MA
reply to medbuyer

I never said I RETAINED anyone, i always said with guidence I have a legal background and attorney friends. BY THE WAY

dee01832

Haverhill, MA
reply to baineschile

I appreciate your advice baine like i said i just want to be fefunded what i paid for

dee01832

Haverhill, MA
reply to medbuyer

Asj they didnt tell me what i got they did say my dl speed was 4 something mps

medbuyer

reply to dee01832

said by dee01832:

K, i always seem to have am issue with modem.. i have asked a number of times if they can send me a different one, they wpuld send a signal and say its fine... well i was all all night working, and was having issues i called 2 times between 2-6 am. Then my next call i was determined to have a real solution. The guy looks up my info told me to go to a web site had me plug ethernet direct to pc ran some test he put me on hold comes back and says you need a new modem. Explains that the service i have that modem will not pass through the speed correctly.

so it was a modem issue, a modem not being able to pass the speed is something new..maybe you indeed have a defective modem and they just pulled your leg...

what modem did you use before and what do you currently have? is the new modem working correctly?

said by dee01832:

Talked to many people there throughout the following day one woman figured out i pay 39.99 more a month for what ever enhanced package ii get and the modem couldnt deliver was told a supervisor would be in touch.

if you look at your bill or even log in online to Comcast's customer portal, I think you can see what package you have...

said by dee01832:

at this point the first free service was a joke, i await PA corporate office to call me again, cause there first 500 credit was laughed at.

credit for what? lost service?

said by dee01832:

I am not an engineer how the hell do i know what im getting or not getting. Left to trust what your told from the professionals.

you don't have to be an engineer to know what speed you are paying for. looking at the bill or online will determine it easily.

so all of this transpired over the course of 8 years or just recently?

dee01832

Haverhill, MA

you asked why 8 years... says HD triple Plus

medbuyer

1 edit

said by dee01832:

you asked why 8 years... says HD triple Plus

did you have the service issue during the span of 8 years or not? yes or no?

you know what, good luck on your case. do keep us updated....

i just can't seem to understand your logic of suing comcast for some service issue which turns out to be a modem problem, specially for some technically challenged people who think that if they don't get the service right anytime of the day, week or year will sue in the name of consumer protection when in fact there might be some variables affecting their service.

just like that starbucks case where the customer was warned that the drink was hot and expect it to be hot but sipped and got burnt a bit in the tongue but still sued.

crazy nuisance court cases...

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

AND

As a reminder, your speeds have probably changed in 8 years ago.

8 years ago was 4mb
about 5 years ago they upped it to 7mb
last year, with docsis 3, they moved it to 12-15mb

Any chance you have speed tests documented every month from the last 8 years?

dee01832

Haverhill, MA
reply to medbuyer

thy rep said i shoud habe 30 dl over 100 doc calls about questioning modem the rep broke it down and i guess there is some extra speed i have always paid for and said 39.99 a monh more my bills are always about 300 im stupid never even open them just pay on line

medbuyer

said by dee01832:

thy rep said i shoud habe 30 dl over 100 doc calls about questioning modem the rep broke it down and i guess there is some extra speed i have always paid for and said 39.99 a monh more my bills are always about 300 im stupid never even open them just pay on line

and for everybody's sake....can you put punctuate your sentence properly so everybody could understand...

dee01832

Haverhill, MA
reply to medbuyer

I want the money i paid for a serivice i didnt get... from a modem they rented me for this service. KWIM

dee01832

Haverhill, MA
reply to baineschile

No i do not, however if the modem i have wouldnt handle speeds that i have paid for ill be happy getting back what i deserve

medbuyer

reply to dee01832

said by dee01832:

I want the money i paid for a serivice i didnt get... from a modem they rented me for this service. KWIM

good luck with proving that they owe you that money....

you still didn't answer if you had the issue 8 years ago or just recently...

if it's recently only....I guess you know my answer...