uniqs
share rss forum feed

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
reply to dee01832

Re: [Rant] Consumer Power

said by dee01832:

comcast had no problem taking my money for the upgraded internet though... so im not saying there responsibly tell me of new equipment however they are responsible to tell me the equipment i rent will not be adequate i thank you all for your advise, but most must work for comcast and have awesome company spirit because none of you seem to understand anti-trust consumer protection, or unfair or deceptive practices. Good Day!

said by DrDrew:

Meanwhile just about every cutting board Hickory Farms rents has been big enough to handle all the cheese blocks they sell up until 2 years ago and they've put out repeated notifications in their bills over the last 8 year informing their cheese customers they will be getting bigger cheese blocks in the near future, but you've admitted you don't really look at the bills, you just pay online. Now you want 8 years of your money back because your cheese doesn't measure up and the cutting board supposedly can't handle it.

Basically you don't know if you were supposed to get a pound of cheese and you really don't have proof you didn't other then some guy recently telling you that you weren't.

DrDrew See Profile sums it all up for you....in complete cheese analogy...

with everybody trying to convince you that your analogy is somehow skewed, I think you need to re-think this whole thing and try not to skip meds...

and no, I don't work for Comcast. My day job requires me to use my SOUND judgement all day everyday, 5 days week.

dee01832

join:2012-04-02
Haverhill, MA

If they rented you that board to cut that exact cheese and it was haf the weight your contract states (which they never give you the speed they advertise) thats one thing./ apparently noone is understanding.

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
reply to gar187er

Re: Consumer Power

Actually, Comcast does extremely well, at least in my area. I have NEVER seen it slow down. That being said, they can't guarantee it, but if it slows down more than once in a blue moon, they are doing something wrong.

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
reply to dee01832

said by dee01832:

If they rented you that board to cut that exact cheese and it was haf the weight your contract states (which they never give you the speed they advertise) thats one thing./ apparently noone is understanding.

WE DO UNDERSTAND....it's you who needs to understand that when the cheese got upgraded, Comcast tried to inform everybody of the BIGGER cutting board but not everybody got it like you did or you ignored it since you just kept on paying online and not actually read the paper bill or online pdf bill...

their contract states the level or package of service but NOTHING about them WARNING you or FORCING to a newer modem or the hardware FOR the service, but they did NOTIFY you somehow and you MISSED it.

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
kudos:1
reply to dee01832

said by dee01832:

They DO give you the speeds you are supposed to get, up to XX
Expand your moderator at work

Extide

join:2000-06-11
reply to dee01832

said by dee01832:

K, i always seem to have am issue with modem.. i have asked a number of times if they can send me a different one, they wpuld send a signal and say its fine... well i was all all night working, and was having issues i called 2 times between 2-6 am. Then my next call i was determined to have a real solution. The guy looks up my info told me to go to a web site had me plug ethernet direct to pc ran some test he put me on hold comes back and says you need a new modem. Explains that the service i have that modem will not pass through the speed correctly. Talked to many people there throughout the following day one woman figured out i pay 39.99 more a month for what ever enhanced package ii get and the modem couldnt deliver was told a supervisor would be in touch mean time looked up some laws etc talked to a few attorneys not because im sue happy but because in the event they offer me something stupid i will be educated on my rights. at this point the first free service was a joke, i await PA corporate office to call me again, cause there first 500 credit was laughed at. AND in this cause its not a simple billing error covered under 180 days its under consumer protection, and what a companies responsibility is to provide me service. I am not an engineer how the hell do i know what im getting or not getting. Left to trust what your told from the professionals. So, started reseaching many other things and found many many cpa, anti trust deceptive practice MANY violations. Without naming names, companies etc talked to reps from cpa, from fcc and had a nice conversation with a paralegal with the us attorney... like i said i want my money. and these companies must be clear on what they sell... UP to dont cut it. you dont pay UP to if you get it Hope i typed this as it in my brain.. hearing it is much better but anyways

Sounds like they offered you a $500 credit. You should have taken it.

What everyone is saying is 8 years ago you had ~3-4Mbit service. Thats what you paid for, and what you got. Over time, this service level has been upgraded, and at some point it would be better to have also upgraded to a docsis 3.0 modem (HOWEVER, NOT NECESSARILY REQUIRED). So, essentially, you have been getting MORE than what you originally paid for.

Yeah, def should have taken the $500.

obckilroy

join:2011-11-16
reply to dee01832

said by dee01832:

Well i wasnt WARNED i wasnt getting what i paid for and they provided a device that couldn't deliver.

Maybe because you never opened your bills to see if there was any communication from Comcast?
said by dee01832:

bills are always about 300 im stupid never even open them just pay on line

Did you have a tech out to your house?

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:9
reply to Extide

said by Extide See Profile

Yeah, def should have taken the $500.

Wonder if that was a five dollar credit ?

jay608
Going Nucking Futs

join:2007-01-22
Chicago, IL
reply to dee01832

I don't work for comcast either, and heres my opinion, you goto court, and the $500/hr lawyers are gonna eat you alive. Pretend we are the comcast laywers and provide all the information.

Can you Describe the services that you signed up for?

Can you describe the type of equipment that was given to you at time of installation under the lease agreement?

How many calls did you make to customer service for the 8 years?
a. How many of those calls were for internet issues and what were the issues? (IE slow speeds, dropped connections)
b. How many of the calls were for Cable TV issues? (IE cable out, pixilation etc.)?

I hope you are getting the drift. I'm not a 500/hr lawyer, hell I'm not a lawyer at all. But what you are talking about.. all I can say is best of luck.