spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bmantz65

join:2001-07-23
united state

[Bill] Upgrading to new tier, Comcast wants to send technician?

There is deal on the Comcast website to upgrade to the Performance tier. I logged in to my account, chose the deal, and it is asking me to set up an installation time and date for a technician and they want to charge me $35 for an 'Internet Installation' charge? I already have HSI and a modem, wouldn't I just need a new config file sent instead of a truck roll?
--
Get Firefox. Join the new wave.

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA

Re: [Bill] Upgrading to new tier, Comcast wants to send technici

Call and upgrade, not on the website.
--
»www.TheExoticFish.com

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to bmantz65

You already have Performance tier?
Many of those on the website that say "for current customers", really mean customer with CATV, or phone service who want to add NEW HSI service, The prices usually don't apply to those who already have that level of service.
However, ExoticFish See Profile is right, if you call in sometimes (not always, be nice a thank them for looking) the CSR can find a similar deal that will offer you a promo price.

Gorilla76

@fpl.com
reply to bmantz65

I'm a new customer to comcast.

I recently tried to open a HSI-only account with Comcast through their website.

I chose the option of renting one of their modems.

It didn't allow me to choose self-installation.

I decided at that point to weigh my options with AT&T.

I few weeks later, I decided to stick with Comcast and started to open the account online again. I figured I'll just pay the $35 to have the tech come out.

This time I changed my mind and decided to buy my own modem.

To my surprise, the site allowed me to choose the self-install option at this point.

I think since the company is leasing you the modem, they don't want you messing with it if you don't know what you're doing. If you buy your own modem then it's on you.

TL,DR: If you choose to buy your own modem, the website may allow you to self-install.

Gorilla76

@fpl.com

EDIT: Just reread your post and saw you're an existing customer with a modem.

Not sure if my previous post would help your situation sorry.

I would call them and speak to someone personally. Unless they need to give you a new DOCSIS 3.0 for some reason I don't see why they would need to send someone just to upgrade the speeds of your already existing internet.

kara

@comcast.net
reply to bmantz65

if you just buy own modem then you have to call to give them give the,,,
mac
customer sn
model
after that if you already have internet then upgrade speed can be done in same call.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to bmantz65

I upgraded via live chat. The guy was an idiot »Can someone explain comcast customer support to me

Afterwards I posted in comcast direct and they were able to upgrade me from performance to blast without any problems.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
reply to bmantz65

What is your current tier? The only thing lower than performance is economy. Sounds to me like the compute thinks you are not a current customer. I never really saw any deals for people going from economy to performance tier.

bmantz65

join:2001-07-23
united state

said by rody_44:

What is your current tier? The only thing lower than performance is economy. Sounds to me like the compute thinks you are not a current customer. I never really saw any deals for people going from economy to performance tier.

I am on the economy tier. I logged into my account to view my bill and I clicked on the gray link on the bottom "Faster Internet" and I saw the deal for the Performance tier in the box and went through the process.

Thanks for the responses, I will try calling someone.
--
Get Firefox. Join the new wave.