All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
sandman_1
join:2011-04-23

sandman_1 to 90115534

to 90115534

Re: [Newsgroups] Newsgroups and DMCA Takedowns

How does binsearch bypass DMCA? You still have to pull the articles from your provider in the end so if it doesn't have it, you are shit out of luck.
AndrewW
join:2009-03-07
Toronto, ON

1 edit

AndrewW

said by sandman_1:

How does binsearch bypass DMCA? You still have to pull the articles from your provider in the end so if it doesn't have it, you are shit out of luck.

I would like to know as well!

Earlier you mentioned that Astraweb has problems filling posts in a certain age range. Why then does it not have peering arrangements with other providers to fill those gaps?
sandman_1
join:2011-04-23

sandman_1

said by AndrewW:

said by sandman_1:

I would like to know as well!

Earlier you mentioned that Astraweb has problems filling posts in a certain age range. Why then does it not have peering arrangements with other providers to fill those gaps?

They do. They are slowly filling in the gap but it is taking awhile to do for whatever reason. Also I think the only time that they actually try to fill in the gaps is when they do maintenance on Sundays.

But anyway, nowadays, you gotta have something backing up your main account because not one provider is totally 100% rock-solid. They all have their quirks. My XSUsenet account is filling that function just fine. Although it doesn't hurt getting a block account with say Blocknews or somebody.
said by Bark:

There is an issue that SABnzbd+ and XSusenet are not playing nicely together, I'm trying to get it resolved.

My friend uses SABNZBd and can't connect to their server either. I use Newsbin and have no problems.