spc
Search similar:

uniqs
SnakeEyes
join:2005-05-18
Johnston, IA

SnakeEyes

[IA] No Cablecards in Des Moines

I'm getting so tired of this game. Every time I have to get a new CC or replace one that's not working I always get told by a phone rep the office downtown has them yet every time I get down there they tell me they don't have any. I'm tired of making the drive, wasting expensive gas, for lies. Just as I did today. I refuse to pay for them to install it for me as well, which seems to be the only way to get one on the first attempt. All the office tells me is that they will call me. Well guess what, I have never ever ever had Mediacom call me back despite the numerous times they have said they would. What a joke.

To me it's pretty clear that Mediacom, like other companies, is simply playing games to inconvenience customers because they are continuing to resist having to support the FCC mandates because they'd rather us pay more money to be locked into their inferior DVR/cable boxes.

Who do I complain to? Is it possible to complain to the FCC? What about the Better Business Bureau?

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

I hope you don't have TiVO. They suck ass with the channel lineup changes. Also we do have cable cards for service calls but not sure if they have any available for installs.
DoctorX
join:2010-08-01

DoctorX to SnakeEyes

to SnakeEyes
talk to mediacom chad... he helped me out tremendously here in iowa city.
SnakeEyes
Johnston, IA

SnakeEyes

Well I'd assume Chad is likely to see this thread if he hasnt already.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I will have our morning crew get a hold of the local office/warehouse and make sure we have them in stock and if not, when they will. You shouldn't have to do deal with the misinformation and run-a-round.
MediacomChad

MediacomChad to SnakeEyes

Premium Member

to SnakeEyes
I just confirmed the Des Moines office has cablecards in stock now. The reps at the front counter have one on hold for you. Please let me know if you have any issues picking the card up.
SnakeEyes
Johnston, IA

SnakeEyes

How are they to know im the one it's held for?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to SnakeEyes

Premium Member

to SnakeEyes
I have it under the account number you sent me a while ago.
Nexis
join:2002-04-29
USA

Nexis to SnakeEyes

to SnakeEyes
If your going to a office location that techs operate out of, and has a warehouse and they tell you they don't have one, ask to speak to a sup. Ask the sup to walk to the warehouse and check for a cable card. It is VERY rare that a warehouse that provides equipment to techs will not have a cable card instock and handy. It may take a little bit to get it issued out to you this way, but you can usually leave with it the same day. Just because your told that they are out, it may simply mean that the front desk person is not in possession of a cable card at the moment.

Bierboy
join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL

Bierboy to SnakeEyes

to SnakeEyes
When I went to our local office recently to get a CableCARD (an M-card which is what I needed), they first told me they didn't have any in stock. Then I mentioned that Chad had checked and told me they did have them. Amazingly (!) they "found" an M-card for me.

Chad is the man.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

It is unfortunate to hear that these representatives are misinforming you guys. You shouldn't have to go through these loops to get a cable card.
SnakeEyes
Johnston, IA

SnakeEyes

thanks