All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
doofoo
join:2002-01-21
Upper Marlboro, MD

doofoo

[Speed] 50/10 now 50/15? Does this apply to business to?

I noticed this press release, and I also noticed on my upgrade site that two different tiers were available.

One was 50/15M and then 105/20M.

Has anyone seen the 15M Upgrade yet on the 50? Also, is this upgrade going to apply to the 50M tiers on business lines?

Link to press release:
»comcastcalifornia.mediar ··· item=556

-Mike
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

Hah, that's news to me . I live smack dab in the middle of that area, nothing on the regular site yet.

I have business service currently, and plan on upgrading to 22/5 as soon as possible. I'd try 50/10 (or whatever it ends up being), but the price is a bit out of my reach. If they'll let me, I may try it for a month or two.

n0xlf
join:2001-03-28
Castle Rock, CO

n0xlf

It's been 50/15 and 100/20 on residential in Colorado for some time now...

Unfortunately, not only does 50/10 business not get 50/15, we don't even get powerboost. Last I checked 22/5 on business did...Kind of strange...
doofoo
Upper Marlboro, MD

doofoo to Thordrune

to Thordrune
You can upgrade and downgrade at any time without penalty.

I am really sad they don't upgrade the speeds on the business tiers to match though, or at least give powerboost.

SpottedCat
join:2004-06-27
Miami, FL

SpottedCat to doofoo

to doofoo
I'm on business 16/2 and was hoping to get upgraded to 22/4 or 22/5 along with the consumer tiers, but it hasn't happened.

Additionally, I'm grandfathered in on lower pricing. If I change ANYTHING my rates will go way up.

I'm not really that disappointed; my connection is awesome. But I do wish we'd get the same speed bumps that consumer accounts get!
doofoo
Upper Marlboro, MD

doofoo

It seems we just always get shafted on the business side of the house. No IPv6 trails, no plans and always bs about contacting our account reps to get movement on it. Then this no speed bump crap, when we are paying out the you know what for service.

Cjaiceman
MVM
join:2004-10-12
Castle Rock, WA
(Software) pfSense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Cjaiceman to doofoo

MVM

to doofoo
Agreed, it used to be that business classes got more speed before the residential side did... Now we are being shafted out of bandwidth. I might almost consider going to the 100mbps package if they upped the upload to 20, but when I can get the same upload at the 50 package, there is no incentive to go up. Come on Comcast, give me a reason to upgrade.

Also, Qwest might offer 80/40 here.... give me a reason to stay... do something with your 3 bonded upstream channels...

JDCynical
Always Mount A Scratch Monkey
join:2002-01-09
Beaverton, OR

JDCynical to doofoo

to doofoo
As much as I hate to say it, with the lack of speed bumps on the business side compared to residential, I'm seriously considering moving to frontier and paying their semi-obscene install fee for a 25/25 fios connection.

Upload is more important to me than a better download, and with the ridiculous amount more I'd have to pay for a better upload (it's not worth 30 to 40 more a month for a mbit or two more at best), I may as get something that has a much better upload for not a heck of a lot more.

Too bad really, I've been quite happy at the quality of the connection and support the few times I've had to call. But as I've fulfilled my contract a while ago, now would be the time to look at switching.
JazzJRabbit
join:2003-09-27
Wheaton, IL

JazzJRabbit

said by JDCynical:

But as I've fulfilled my contract a while ago, now would be the time to look at switching.

Doesn't the business HSI contract state that it auto renews for a 1 year term unless you notify Comcast you do not wish to renew? In which case you still wouldn't be able to switch in the "middle" of the year?

JDCynical
Beaverton, OR

JDCynical

said by JazzJRabbit:

said by JDCynical:

But as I've fulfilled my contract a while ago, now would be the time to look at switching.

Doesn't the business HSI contract state that it auto renews for a 1 year term unless you notify Comcast you do not wish to renew? In which case you still wouldn't be able to switch in the "middle" of the year?

Well, let me pull up what I have...

... Nope, nothing in the contract says that it's an auto-renew thing.
JazzJRabbit
join:2003-09-27
Wheaton, IL

1 edit

JazzJRabbit

said by JDCynical:

said by JazzJRabbit:

said by JDCynical:

Well, let me pull up what I have...

... Nope, nothing in the contract says that it's an auto-renew thing.

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that Comcast Business HSI auto renews each year for one year term. But I can't find it anymore except someone talking about it here

»[Rant] Comcast Business Retention

EDIT: Ah yes, found it:
»business.comcast.com/pdf ··· 0206.pdf

Section 4.2 "Service Order Renewal. Upon the expiration of the
Service Term, this Agreement and each applicable Service
Order shall automatically renew for successive periods of one
(1) year each (“Renewal Term(s)”), unless otherwise stated in
these terms and conditions or prior notice of non-renewal is
delivered by either Party to the other at least thirty (30) days
before the expiration of the Service Term or the then current
Renewal Term, or in the case of Louisiana Customers, notice of
non-renewal is delivered to Comcast within thirty (30) days
following the expiration of the Service Term or the then current
Renewal Term. Except as otherwise identified in the
Agreement, at any time during initial Service Term and from
time to time thereafter, Comcast may increase the charges for
Voice and/or Video Services subject to thirty (30) days prior
notice to Customer. Effective at any time after the end of the
initial Service Term and from time to time thereafter, Comcast
may modify the charges for Internet Services subject to thirty
(30) days prior notice to Customer. Customer will have thirty
(30) days from receipt of such notice to cancel the applicable
Service without further liability. Should Customer fail to cancel
within this timeframe, Customer will be deemed to have
accepted the modified Service pricing."

Now, you may have signed a different contract, but to my best guess this is the current contract and it says that all contracts autorenew for 1 year. Very shitty, but being the only choice in many geographical areas Comcast has people locked.

JDCynical
Beaverton, OR

JDCynical

And if that is the case, we are about half way through the year, so the early term fee shouldn't be too bad and may be worth it in the long run.