Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Re: WARNING: WIND Mobile

said by Xstar_Lumini:

I chose the same 4-digit PIN number of my debit card

You do realize that that would be against your terms of service of your bank, right? Who the hell uses the same PIN code? So now WIND knows your debit card PIN code...nice.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by J E F F:

said by Xstar_Lumini:

I chose the same 4-digit PIN number of my debit card

You do realize that that would be against your terms of service of your bank, right? Who the hell uses the same PIN code? So now WIND knows your debit card PIN code...nice.

Though you're right that it is not smart for the exact reason you pointed out. commenting on "breaking their TOS" is rather funny. Thousands of us break it daily. We have several accounts in this household, one of my own for saving for my own toys etc, joint, credit cards, as does my wife.

Lost count how many times myself or my wife used eachothers debit cards to deposit, withdraw funds. Heck my mother 15 years ago had me use her card to pay her bills when she was sick (cancer).

We all break the pathetic TOS. They are merely guidelines. Only time they would come in to play is if you said "Joe stole my money" and when asked if you handed Joe your pinn they refer to it.

That said -

Wind Mobile, my wife recently setup an old android we had with them, simple as pie, i was asked a security question and it went just fine. I dislike that they outsource at night time/weekends. They service is still crappy on the cellphones everywhere.

Though we have been told for the last 2 years "Oh yeah as we expand it'll get better". ........still waiting...

As was said in an earlier post. Wind has A LOT of potential, but they really screw it up a lot.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
said by Tx:

Though we have been told for the last 2 years "Oh yeah as we expand it'll get better". ........still waiting...

They've got a website that lists network updates. There's usually at least a few every week, and about half of them are GTA.

»networkupdates.windmobile.ca/

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by bt:

said by Tx:

They've got a website that lists network updates. There's usually at least a few every week, and about half of them are GTA.

»networkupdates.windmobile.ca/

Sounds wonderful, it's too bad parts of Mississauga/Toronto that are supposed to be covered still have the same problems they have 2 years ago. I was told 2 years ago and every 6 months since "Upgrades, upgrades, upgrades"

Nevertheless my comment isn't a complaint, out of the rest, i prefer Wind. They are the reason doors opened in the cellphone market