share rss forum feed

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

Netgear XE102 Died, replaced with Netgear XETB10GM

I purchased my 1st Netgear powerline adaptor 7 years ago. It worked great until today. Granted it had a slow rate of speed "upto" 14mbps, average around 4mbps.
The new adapter has stated speeds of "upto 85mbps. I suffered a bit of "sticker" shock. When I purchased my first adaptor, I paid just over 100 bucks for it. The one I purchased tonight sat me back 55 bucks.

I prefer using the adapters over wireless. Mainly because the PC that is attached to it has no extra expansion slots available, and I dislike USB networking.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
I have a pair of Zyxels and I am very happy with them. I got them because where I was living until a week ago the wireless worked very poorly and running a cable was out of the question. I had to budget to get them, but nicegg put them on sale for a fantastic price and I am now using them in my new home rather than wireless as there are so many people within a mile of me using the wireless makes me nervous.

It is a fantastic technology!

The wiring where I am currently living is pretty poor, and yet it works well. I haven't done a bandwidth test but all I am really concerned with is getting the bandwidth of my ISP...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.