how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sgc

join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL
reply to mrjeschicago

Re: WOW claims they will no longer support CableCards in a PC!

Did they hang up on you after that?

»experts.windows.com/frms/windows···428.aspx

According to this, WOW! could not do this because it would break FCC regulations.

mrjes

join:2012-04-03
Oak Forest, IL
Yes.. I was told flat out that "I could not be helped." "goodbye." They hangup.

Joel

battleop

join:2005-09-28

1 recommendation

reply to sgc
"According to this, WOW! could not do this because it would break FCC regulations."

That's provided the device is certified by CableLabs. Are you sure that WOW is saying they won't support the cable card or they won't support the cable card in the PC. Seems to me to me that all they have to do is activate the card and if it does not work in the PC that's the OPs problem and now WOW's problem.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

mogamer

join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI
said by battleop:

"According to this, WOW! could not do this because it would break FCC regulations."

That's provided the device is certified by CableLabs. Are you sure that WOW is saying they won't support the cable card or they won't support the cable card in the PC. Seems to me to me that all they have to do is activate the card and if it does not work in the PC that's the OPs problem and now WOW's problem.

The Ceton is certified by Cable Labs. Sounds to me like the csr needs to be fired. Whenever I call WOW!, the csr gives out his name and number right off the bat. The OP should contact WOW! and talk to a supervisor, making sure he gives out the csr info. If that fails, then pm Dan directly and ask him what the problem is.

I also would file a complaint with the FCC right now, before calling WOW! and tell them you already have filed a complaint. I sure as hell wouldn't put up with that nonsense.

mrjes

Oak Forest, IL
reply to battleop
The Ceton is CableLabs certified.

battleop

reply to mogamer
"The Ceton is certified by Cable Labs"

But is the PC that it's in certified? They are only going to support what they have to support and no more.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

mogamer

join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI
said by battleop:

"The Ceton is certified by Cable Labs"

But is the PC that it's in certified? They are only going to support what they have to support and no more.

I would think that if the pc meets Ceton's specs, there wouldn't be any problems. And the OP said that the csr told him that they don't support pc's at all. Not that his pc wasn't up to snuff.

mix

join:2002-03-19
Utica, MI
reply to battleop
Are the hundreds of new tv models released each year that support cable cards Cable Labs certified? I doubt it.

battleop

reply to mogamer
That would be Ceton's problem to support the PC not the CATV Operator.

mrjes

Oak Forest, IL
reply to battleop
The Ceton, the Cablecard tuner, is the only item that needs to be certified. What it plugs into matters not. And no one is asking them to "support" a computer, only the cablecard connection. That's ALL the cable company has to legally worry about.

battleop

Thanks for repeating what I keep saying.