spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Audas

@ucf.edu

Question about ETF (mobile phone plans)

I got into a contract with Sprint with an iPhone. The coverage in my area is really bad, the data speeds I get are horrible, so I am done with the company. I have called, complained, have "engineers" check things, resolving nothing. Bottom line, I want out.

The first thing I have done is to change plans by dropping data and using a different device (old flip phone a family member provided). Right now I no longer have the iPhone, I sold it.

Regular ETF on smartphones is $350, for my specific situation (19 months left on contract). Any other phone ETF is $150. Since I am not longer on the iPhone plan, and hence not using a smartphone, will my ETF be $150 or $350?

Thanks in advance for any insides!

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

said by Audas :

Regular ETF on smartphones is $350, for my specific situation (19 months left on contract). Any other phone ETF is $150. Since I am not longer on the iPhone plan, and hence not using a smartphone, will my ETF be $150 or $350?

Since the contract was built based on your purchase of the iphone it would be $350 at 19 months left. Even though you don't use it (or even own it anymore) they are still recovering the cost they paid apple for the device.

It would start being reduced by $20 off it every month below the 17 month mark. See the chart here: »support.sprint.com/support/artic···3-171256

David Collantes

join:2010-09-13
Orlando, FL

said by dib22:

Since the contract was built based on your purchase of the iphone it would be $350 at 19 months left. Even though you don't use it (or even own it anymore) they are still recovering the cost they paid apple for the device.

It would start being reduced by $20 off it every month below the 17 month mark. See the chart here: »support.sprint.com/support/artic···3-171256

That is the thing, the contract (we used to sign these things on the good old days, not anymore) doesn't specify any of this:
»shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_···up.shtml

I have read it very carefully, and for my understanding of it, I am on a non-smartphone plan right now, so the smartphone ETF should not apply.

When the times comes (and it will!) I will see what happens. If I get charged for the stiff amount I will challenge it by all means necessary.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

said by David Collantes:

When the times comes (and it will!) I will see what happens. If I get charged for the stiff amount I will challenge it by all means necessary.

I do wish you luck... you will find they are pretty good at keeping track of the ETF associated with each line, in fact they are amazing at that.

If only they applied the attention the billing systems get to the network