spc
uniqs

Ramikor
@ultzindustries.com

Ramikor to wopatoolie

Anon

to wopatoolie

Re: [Raiding] LFR asshattery

Seems like the "obvious" meaning of asshat is someone who uses their ass for their hat i.e. has their head up there. That's what I've always taken it to mean.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

wopatoolie is a troll. ignore it.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Ramikor

Premium Member

to Ramikor
Hmm I've always pronounced it in my head as "ass" "shattery" rather than "ass" "hattery".

I figured it meant ass - shittery.

But according to websters, hattery is not a word and shattery means "easily shattered".

So maybe it means an ass that's easily shattered?
saillaw

saillaw

Premium Member

Hmm did some more searching, maybe it does mean "hat" rather than "shat" here are some of the images the search pulls up:

Urban Dictionary def for Asshat:

2. asshat
A person, of either gender, whose behavior displays such ignorance/obnoxiousness that you would like to make them wear their own ass as a hat.

Usage: "Can you believe that my boss is making me stay until 9 pm on a Friday!?" "What an asshat."

and

describing when one's head is so far up one's ass that one is wearing the ass as a hat. in other words, extreme stupidity.
A: Look at all those hurricane victims on their roofs, waving at the helicopters, begging for emergency food to be dropped down! Why don't they just leave?
B: You asshat.

Rhenai
join:2010-09-07
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai

OK - I can't keep quiet any longer (note, all comments are tongue-in-cheek, not flaming anyone)

Nut punching - really? Glad I can't relate to that.
Ass hats - really? Glad I can't relate to that.

I had someone send me a note, betting how long it would take before I said something. Really? I hope you lost your bet!

Too much testosterone in the air today. I think I'll go get my nails done

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

I am as God made me.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Rhenai

Premium Member

to Rhenai
Girls can punch people in the nutts too, just don't break a nail.

I apologize for my juvenile behaviour today. I spent too much time in LFR yesterday and it set my maturity level back a good 15-20 years. Plus my kids were really grumpy and a pain getting them to school today.

I need a good cold beer when I get home

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Planning to pop my LFR cherry tonight hope to get with some Aftershock people.

Question for you veterans.

Is it faster to queue as dps or tank? Hoping I can get on my hunter first to experience the fights after reading them instead of trying to tank it and possibly wiping a group.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

First half, I usually end up DPS instead of tanking if I queue as both.

2nd half: tanks are far faster, because they get a lot of flack for screwing up Ultraxion.

For instant queues, be/bring a healer.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Good call on the healer one they are the perfect middle since they are on high demand and require more numbers per raid.