uniqs

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to TexasHippie

to TexasHippie

Re: [HN7000S] Me or Hughes?

also, it's typically the old style LNB that gets heat sensitive with age - not the transmitter. The transmitter is the larger box with the fins, the LNB is the thing way out on the end of the feedarm.

//greg//

bumper
@direcway.com

bumper

Anon

I had an issue last summer where my internet would quit during the hottest part of the day. What the service guy finally did to fix was to replace the cables from the dish to the modem. Evidently the current cables ran through the attic. When they got hot they must have swelled slightly and had a staple or something cut into them. Have not had any issues since and its been about 6 months.

Still cant wait to get rid of Hughesnet though
TexasHippie
Premium Member
join:2006-08-20
Brownwood, TX

TexasHippie to grohgreg

Premium Member

to grohgreg
Thought I should wrap this up. I have a couple of spare arms with transmitter and LNB. One still gives me the same type problem, the other is working great. Still not sure which part is giving me a problem, but suspect the LNB because the receive is always low when it happens. It's my understanding that if receive is out of limits, transmit won't work. Maybe I'll dig into the LNBs to see what I can find. I'm trying to keep the system going until Gen4 is ready for prime time and get a whole new setup then.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Duane

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

If you're interested, I have a full 2w OSIRIS TRIA w/feedarm and struts available. By August, I expect to have a second set. Both fit the 98cm Prodelin.

//greg//