share rss forum feed

Ericthorn
It only hurts when I laugh
Premium
join:2001-08-10
Paragould, AR
reply to jimk

Re: Makes the cable company happy

I live in hillbillyville, and our cable company forces us to have basic cable TV if we want internet service. Obviously that isn't the norm. Simply a cash grab.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

said by Ericthorn:

I live in hillbillyville, and our cable company forces us to have basic cable TV if we want internet service. Obviously that isn't the norm. Simply a cash grab.

What do they charge for the cableTV.
I am stuck with some shitty apt complex cable service.
2 years ago it was $50 a month, then they got bought out by another shitty apt complex cable company and they upped the bill for the exact same service to $100 a month.
The bill literally reads like $60 + $40 in itemized fees.
I canceled cable once they did this.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
reply to Ericthorn

That's all of Comcast.

Expand your moderator at work

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
reply to r81984

Re: Makes the cable company happy

I wouldn't move into an apartment that forced me to use one service, I know it is legal but I'm not sure why it seems that it should be illegal to me.

If it was Verizon FIOS I'd probably make an exception because that's my current service and it's great.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

said by MovieLover76:

I wouldn't move into an apartment that forced me to use one service, I know it is legal but I'm not sure why it seems that it should be illegal to me.

If it was Verizon FIOS I'd probably make an exception because that's my current service and it's great.

Good luck with finding that.
Originally the apartment cable was cheaper than anyone else. The cable internet always sucked, but you could get ATT dsl so that was not an issue.

Now that ATT has caps, I am screwed no matter what.
$100 a month for cable is insane, so my only option would be a dish.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Ericthorn
It only hurts when I laugh
Premium
join:2001-08-10
Paragould, AR
Reviews:
·Paragould.net
·Paragould.net
reply to r81984

We have to pay 24.95 for basic cable (btw I live in a house - our whole town is subjected to this) in order to get internet. Our internet is 62.95/mo for a 4mb/1mb connection, and that is what they call their 'business' class. It's one of the worst services and pricing in the area, but we like our house and the location, so we deal with it.
--
Ever try stuffing a melted marshmallow up a wildcat's ass? It can be done, but you have to like your job. - This Is The Way The World Ends by James Morrow - Join a DC club, it can't hurt you!