share rss forum feed

viperpa33s
Why Me?
Premium
join:2002-12-20
Bradenton, FL

1 recommendation

Free money for Verizon

So instead of adding extra fees on your bill, which is a sin these days. They will just now force you to buy something you don't need or want. Verizon knows that a lot of people don't use a landline phone anymore. This is why it makes it so easy for Verizon to implement this. Verizon knows most people won't use it and that translates to free money.

When I had Embarq (Which is now CenturyLink), it was the same way. You couldn't get DSL service without having phone service. Because I had a cellphone, I had no reason to use the landline. Didn't even waste the time or money to even get a landline phone. So Embarq was getting an extra $35 a month from me for non use of services. Why would Embarq complain about free money. The worse thing about it is, they try to sell you phone line insurance on something you won't use.

Sure hope Verizon don't do the same thing with FIOS. I know Verizon is pushing there VOIP service very hard. The Verizon tech who came over my house the other day tried very hard to sell me phone service. In the end, he lost.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
I kinda feel bad for that tech. Not because he lost a sale but because odds are he is required to try and sell. which to me seems outside the scope of the repair guy.

if my dryer breaks down it gets fixed but the guy does not go "I see you do not have a Maytag washer, I could set you up with a good price on one."
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

viperpa33s
Why Me?
Premium
join:2002-12-20
Bradenton, FL
said by Kearnstd:

I kinda feel bad for that tech. Not because he lost a sale but because odds are he is required to try and sell. which to me seems outside the scope of the repair guy.

if my dryer breaks down it gets fixed but the guy does not go "I see you do not have a Maytag washer, I could set you up with a good price on one."

I know it's not his fault. He is only doing what Verizon tells him to do. I guess Verizon figures that the tech has more contact with the customers, why not use them as sales people as well.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH
reply to viperpa33s
It's called you want that extra $$$ that your contract calls for you do as we say and sell.

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105
reply to Kearnstd
...comment withdrawn, sorry...didn't understand the context immediately.