how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
IONEX

join:2001-12-09
Austin, TX

U-Verse

In Dallas, even though there are still DSL subscribers at our CO we can no longer signup for it because they service our address with U-Verse as well. So, now if you want the cheaper service that doesn't include a monthly fee for the modem or an installation fee you are SOL...
retired17
Premium
join:2007-01-24
Anaheim, CA

Re: U-Verse

I am an AT&T DSL subscriber who wants to change to DSLX becuz they are cheaper. My address is also serviced with U-Verse. So what you are saying is that I'm SOL also.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

Basically as once you are on U-Verse they do NOT have to change you. Especially if you have the U-Verse FTTN service; you're basically screwed. IPDSLAMS are NOT shared and never will be. That will be a problem DSLX and Sonic face over and over again; especially with IPDSLAMS being installed easier and faster, and cheaper than the full FTTN services of U-Verse.
retired17
Premium
join:2007-01-24
Anaheim, CA

I was reading the U-Verse FAQ and it said IP-DSLAMS are installed only at the CO. Since I am too far from the CO, I assume I am getting my DSL from a mini-DSLAM installed in a RT. If that is the case, I could get DSLX.

I meant to say U-Verse is available in my neighhood but I have not signed-up for it at my address. There a two cabinets behind my house so I'm guessing one is the RT cabinet and the other is the U-Verse cabinet.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

if your home is "qualified" for U-Verse good luck on getting DSLX ATT could move you over with very little notice to them and you'd be stuck there. and you'd be full IP as from the VARD and now from the IP DSLAM in the CO.

Also beware that DSLX has a below the line item charge of about $3. So take that into consideration for being "cheaper". They don't list their fees on their site. Where as ATT does NOT charge this fee.

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105
...much like if FiOS passes you, they're not likely to allow you to subscribe to DSL.
Pair Gain

join:2002-12-23
Washington
There is a reason behind their madness, they are attempting to whittle down their ATM network, hence they are forcing all new subscribers in your area to the IPDSLAM product.