Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

in a FiOS market

I am on grandfathered DSL service. They have stopped offering DSL in some markets (new orders) where your address shows FiOS "available". I did not even get this email. That said i was doing dry loop a few years back however they were charging $10 extra at the time to have dry loop. Billing was direct to a CC only . I later put voice back on so i could use the one bill will my VZW and combine billing. I only have the minimum 90 minute local calling. In fact there is NO phone connected to the line at this time i am using the line solely for DSL.

Even with FiOS i can't order stand alone internet WITHOUT paying for installation and would have to buy their router. On the other hand they will throw all of sweet deals and free equipment and free install when you take TV and phone bundled. I don't need or want phone or TV bundled YET they continue to force these things especially the glorified land line phone nobody wants or uses anymore. With metro PCS and t-mobile cranking out unlimited phone plans everyone has their own personal cell phone now . I won't even get started in the TV area .

IowaCowboy
Want to go back to Iowa
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

If they offered FiOS where I am at (Springfield, MA) I'd take it in a heartbeat for the HSI and TV offerings but I'd prefer copper for phone as it is the best option for alarm systems.
--
All of my CPE (including my EMTA) is customer owned. The only Comcast owned equipment in my house is the CableCards in the two TiVO boxes I own.