Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Stewy
Premium
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON

Some what if questions about speed...

1) Let's say that I'm on the E+ with 32Mbps with Rogers and it's only pulling 10-12Mbps and I switch and choose the Advance 28Mbps does that still mean that my speed will be stuck at 10-12Mbps anyway because of the "that's what technology permits"?

2) Can you actually run a test on my location to see if 28Mbps is actually available or not.

3) If I get the Advance and there's no change in speed (10-12Mbps), can I drop down to the Standard package with no drop in speeds. I mean that if I choose 18Mbps will my speeds now drop to below 10Mbps because I changed plans or will they at least stay at 12Mbps.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
1) If you're getting slower speeds with Rogers then you'll almost for sure have the same speeds with us.

2) All areas in Rogers should be eligible for that speed however local conditions may be causing you issues, ie local node congestion, bad RF at your home, etc.

3) The should stay the same. If you're having problems with your E+, I'd probably recommend you start with the 18Mbps, get yourself a DCM475 modem and if you're getting the full 18 and want to bump up to the 28 then it should be an easy profile change.

Stewy
Premium
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON
thanks.