Premium Member
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105
ARRIS ONT1000GJ4
EnGenius EAP1250

rchandra to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704

Re: How would I request the elimination of the touch-tone fee?

not necessarily. Making a switch digital does not always mean tone detection comes "for free." I remember working not all that long ago on a Lucent/Avaya switch which had specific hardware called a "tone receiver" which had to be present in order for TT to be processed. I'm not sure, it could have been kind of old, but I definitely remember a separate TDM board being for decoding digits. It showed up in the traces I was doing about allocating the resource for the call.

Similarly, a phone company might justify additional charges for needing to get that hardware.

But I could agree, it's so commonplace these days that it's probably integrated into the design rather than being a separate chunk of hardware.

moneystream
@videotron.ca

moneystream

Anon

said by rchandra:

Similarly, a phone company might justify additional charges for needing to get that hardware.

I think it has already been paid off a long time ago considering the vast majority of Canadians have been paying this for about 2 decades, heh.
ihatebell21
join:2012-04-04

ihatebell21

said by moneystream :

said by rchandra:

I think it has already been paid off a long time ago considering the vast majority of Canadians have been paying this for about 2 3 decades, heh eh?.

Fixed it for you.