join:2011-12-04
Montreal, QC
see slyman25 or slyman255 in the pass, acanac still dont want to refund me

Lynn0
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7
So what your saying is you have a class action suit again Acanacs billing department?

slyman25

Montreal, QC
i want to start this, i know acanac over charge a lot of people in quebec for abusive excess bandwidth charge.

so now i want to know how many and if everybody regroup may be
we are able to find a lawyer to open this class action lawsuit

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

Acanac, inc.

Did you get copies of the bandwidth they say you used?

slyman25

Montreal, QC
lol i try for 6 month now to have refund for this and a know you are able to do absolutly nothing, you dont have acces to billing and to talk to your boss

sorry but i dont want to loose my times again, if you want to help find a way to drop a copy of this topic on your boss desk

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON
I am confused. I just read this on your old post. Did you get the refund?
Your words:
I HAVE RECEIVE A FULL REFUND OF ACTIVATION FEE AND EVERITHING IN JANUARY 2011 WHIT AUTORISATION OF PAUL (CO-FOUNDER OR SOMETHING LIKE THATS), BECAUSE MY MODEM NEVER GET ACTIVATED IN 25 DAYS AFTER A LOTS OF CALL AND EMAIL.

slyman25

Montreal, QC
reply to slyman25
and no i dont have receive a copy of my bandwidth, first whit videotron i have access to the last 2 month only and the bandwidth charge are for nov and dec. 2010

slyman25

Montreal, QC
this is for activation fee and the first month because acanac never be able to activate my modem, this is ok yes i have receive refund

but dec 2011 i have charge on my credit card 90$ for over bandwidth for nov and dec 2010, i have do everything to have refund but nobody take the time to read and understand this is a mistake

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON
Did you send all this information to feedback@acanac.com? I know the owners read those all the time.

slyman25

Montreal, QC
yes and also BBB complaint and no body take the time to read and fix the problem

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON
I wish I could help you more but it seems you have tried everywhere you can.

Pokerplayer

join:2012-04-08
Gatineau, QC

1 edit
Class action lawsuit?... I'm in, and I'm sure we can bring this company to it's knees, if and when it gets started, let me know what firm to contact, they waited 8 months to bill me 6 months $300 on the same day. Don't even bother talking to the "defendant". Don't forget to mention "Sonia K" as a defendant in the case, she is in charge of billing department, so she is definitely liable for this scam. Everyone else interested, post here. I have all my tickets saved on my computer . I should be noted that this is for cable overusage billing practices, but I'm sure that a good lawyer can include other cases, when you sign up for a 1 year contract in quebec, you are not allowed to renew the customer for an additional year, you can however renew on a monthly basis, i just read this at (it's french) office de la protection des consommateurs. »www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/WebForms/Suje ··· ent.aspx
Very interesting stuff, I'll read alot more, they've broken so many rules, we can practically shut them down.

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

2 edits
"when you sign up for a 1 year term in Quebec, you are not allowed to renew the customer for an additional year, you can however renew on a monthly basis"

That is NOT TRUE. We do have yearly plans for Quebec as well.

markie58

join:2009-04-24
Chateauguay, QC
Quote from Acanacs TOS
"This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario, Canada, and in the event any litigation must be initiated to reinforce the terms of this agreement, said legal action must be brought in the courts of the Province of Ontario."

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to slyman25

Re: Quebec mobilison us for a class action lawsuit

Hi
Not sure how to help out here, but this is what I'm being told.

"The only logs we have are the ones from Videotron.
We just get a billing report from them and pass it on."

If there's any information you need please send an instant message to Lynn.

Tks

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON
He wanted his old usage Fergie and i sent email for it but apparently they did not have record of his old usage so not sure.

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
Tks Lynn, I passed that information on to Paul.

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON
Thank you Fergless.

Pokerplayer

join:2012-04-08
Gatineau, QC
reply to Lynn0

Re: Acanac, inc.

I'm not saying you don't offer it, I'm saying you are not legally allowed in Quebec to do so, therefore what you do is illegal.

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON
That would be right for any company that has contracts. We do NOT. We have terms.