Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium Member
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA

Mizzat

Premium Member

Step-by-step VPN guide for Netopia/Motorola 3347

I have an office that wants to setup a static VPN via the router's built in VPN client, and both offices have the 3347. Does anyone know of a step-by-step guide for this exists anywhere? I checked the FAQs and came up empty handed.

I'm going to attempt to help out this Friday night, but I'd rather have some kind of help that would cut down on some setup time.

Any ideas?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

Are you referring to setting up an add-on VPN service for the 3347, or are you looking for tips for VPN passthrough for a 3347 running in router mode instead of being bridged?

If you are talking about VPN passthrough for a 3347 in router mode, is a static IP block involved? Also, if you are talking about VPN passthrough to an external router, what brand/model router, and what flavor of VPN?

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium Member
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA

Mizzat

Premium Member

Not pass through, I don't want to use a software client on my desktop to connect, but have an IPSec tunnel permanently established between the two 3347s. One has a static IP, but the other doesn't I found, so it may not be possible, unless the 3347 can accept a hostname for IP.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

Sorry, but I have never tried setting up the built-in optional VPN service in the 3347 routers, I have always passed VPN traffic through to another router or to a server behind the 3347. Hopefully someone who has done it will reply to this thread before you start setting up the project.

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac to Mizzat

MVM

to Mizzat
I've never setup a ipsec vpn with two 3347-02-1022 but I have the text from a page that had instructions for the setup