All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jeremypetz
join:2012-04-01

jeremypetz

A second MoCA filter?

If there is a portion of my RG-6 network that does not need to receive the MoCA signal, would it be OK to place a second filter on that branch? Would I see a benefit to the Players/gateway?

mocanono
@wideopenwest.com

mocanono

Anon

No you dont need another filter. The filter is on the your line to prevent the signal from leaving your house and making its way back into the cable plant.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to jeremypetz

Premium Member

to jeremypetz
There is no reason for a second MoCA filter. The only thing it does it knock out frequencies above 1ghz so that they don't feed back into the cable plant. Putting another filter on would only remove those frequencies from your lines, which are not used by anything but Ultra TV.
sgc7
join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL

sgc7

said by Just_Dan:

There is no reason for a second MoCA filter. The only thing it does it knock out frequencies above 1ghz so that they don't feed back into the cable plant. Putting another filter on would only remove those frequencies from your lines, which are not used by anything but Ultra TV.

Just wondering... would other MoCA devices use the frequency? It stands to reason they would.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by sgc7:

said by Just_Dan:

Just wondering... would other MoCA devices use the frequency? It stands to reason they would.

Other devices do use the same frequency range if they use MoCA. I believe there's a small range of frequencies available, so they may not interfere, but I've not tested MoCA much myself personally, besides Ultra TV.