how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

a1_Andy
Premium
join:2005-12-29
Oshawa, ON

[Rant] OIPRD is a farce, prof in numbers!

30 legit of 4000+
Click for full size
3 legit ......
So last year you may or may not remember I did some number crunching when the OIPRD.ca released there annual report. I report that was difficult to read and never got to the point to say the least.
Well I have done the same thing again for 2010 to 2011 report.
Some things never change,
[sarcasm]
Hey look how great the Ontario Government has created a board we can report our conduct complaints to that will investigate.
[/sarcasm]
well according to their own numbers that year as well only 30 complaints where legit that year.
--
A piece of crap in a box with a guaranteed sticker on it is nothing but a guaranteed piece of crap.
You Can build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night, You can set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

a1_Andy
Premium
Oshawa, ON

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to a1_Andy
Any update on your adventures with the ex and the Peterborough Police?

a1_Andy
Premium
Oshawa, ON
all charges withdrawn/not guilty, no admission of guilt or wrong doing by the police, no restitution paid for my belongings that got stolen due to police giving away my apartment keys, no restitution paid for my lawyer costs, no restitution paid for my time in jail.
The only thing the judge advised me is I can sue the Police and the OIPRD. Sadly this whole thing has completely broke me mentally and financially after 2 and 1/2 years of lawyer bills and not being able to work in my field of the communications sector while the charges where outstanding. Currently the doctor has me on anti psychotics and I'm have developed a "essential tremor" that prevents people from hiring me as I shake all the time.

All the complaints made to the OIPRD where thrown out due to "no evidence" despite the documented evidence that the officer in question put in his book, The cell logs on paper, the judges order to take me to hospital being ignored, the video evidence and his partner testifying against him. (she got bumped down to being a cell guard for her honesty). The hearing of course I and my lawyer where not allowed to attend...
--
A piece of crap in a box with a guaranteed sticker on it is nothing but a guaranteed piece of crap.
You Can build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night, You can set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
i don't know a thing about your circumstance, but with all the "fake" cases going on, sadly, it hurts ones that have a legitimate claim...everyone gets on the "not another one of these guys again" defence mode.

a1_Andy
Premium
Oshawa, ON
I don't understand what you mean by fake?

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
frivolous claims of "police brutality" when they were simply doing their jobs.

a1_Andy
Premium
Oshawa, ON
Aw ya no brutality
Just didn't call my lawyer ever, called a duty Councillor 1 hour before bail, gave my apartment and car keys to my accuser, didn't ask me 1 single question about the incident, just cuffed me and threw me in the car read me my rights asked if I wanted lawyer, I said yes gave them his name and he told me I can't get a lawyer because its Jan 1st and they are all recovering from there drug induced hang overs. Not even a attempt to call him was made. The Duty Councillor of course the cops know they are useless and they knew dam well that I couldn't get some one to bail me with 1 hours notice, so I spent a weekend in jail.
They didn't hit me at all.
When I was arrested I had $142,000.00+ in my bank account from selling my house and business. Had $842.37 in my pocket, of course they didn't call my lawyer I would have been out that night and back in my apartment if they had. He would have drove up from Toronto, $500.00 for the drive and $120 a hour.

edit; typo x2
--

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to dirtyjeffer
said by dirtyjeffer:

i don't know a thing about your circumstance, but with all the "fake" cases going on, sadly, it hurts ones that have a legitimate claim...everyone gets on the "not another one of these guys again" defence mode.

No offense DJ, but those guys are there to weed out the "not another one of these guys again" situations and go after the "this guy is legit" situations. If they only take action in 3 cases out of thousands I'd say that they aren't living up to the expectations set for them. It's their job to do this!

It's like the SIU closing investigations of police brutality for the G20 because the police force refused to give them evidence and wouldn't allow them to speak to the subject officers. Ridiculous.

These oversight boards have been created to make it look like the system cares about bad cops. Then the boards don't actually take action when the bad cops do bad things. That's why people have such a poor opinion of police.

All this does is make it so that bad cops make the rest of them look bad.
--
Tom