Search similar:

uniqs

Tryton
join:2012-04-06
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

Getting weird lines on new TV and Hddvr

Click for full size
Hello All, I live in the Tampabay market "Prin 1700" have a weird issue. I just bought a new Vizio model E3D420VX. I got the new Cisco 8700 HDDVR. I am feeding the signal thru HDMI. What I am experiencing is when the resolution changes from either 480 p or 720p to 1080i, I get these faint horizontal lines that run thru the whole picture. To correct, I have to turn the box off then back on, or switch channels with different resolutions. I have changed the box with a new one from the office, swapped hdmi inputs, changed hdmi cable, even brought the tv back and exchanged it for another. I took a HDbox (also a cisco non dvr) from my daughters room and still got the problem. The only thing I can think of is that there is a compatibility issue between the box and the tv. I plugged in the cable directly to the back and had no problems. Any advice?

Thank You in advance

Tryton
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Hi there... Sit tight I'm checking on something
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Tryton

Premium Member

to Tryton
Also what is the model of the other Cisco box?

Tryton
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

it's the Cisco 8700 HDDVR.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Tryton

Premium Member

to Tryton
Okay so you have two then? Stand by....I'm looking into a couple of things.

Tryton
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

I have 3 boxes total, 1 Samsung hddvr,1 cisco hdbx and the new cisco 8700 hddvr
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Tryton

Premium Member

to Tryton
Have you tried the Samsung on it yet? If not please do.

Tryton
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

I have not yet. I'm at work now, I'll do that when I get home and report back .. Thanks for all your help!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Tryton

Premium Member

to Tryton
No problem and thanks for working with me this. Eventually we will probably need to move this over to our direct forums because I will need more acct specific things but for now let's isolate this a bit and go from there.

Tryton
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

As promised I am reporting my findings.. The Samsung box worked perfectly. So it seems my model tv and the current cisco boxed have compatibly issues.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Tryton:

As promised I am reporting my findings.. The Samsung box worked perfectly. So it seems my model tv and the current cisco boxed have compatibly issues.

Alright please go ahead and open a direct forums thread for me. I need to get some additional information from you so please include your modem MAC. Also how long have you had both the TV and the box?

Tryton
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Tryton:

Alright please go ahead and open a direct forums thread for me. I need to get some additional information from you so please include your modem MAC. Also how long have you had both the TV and the box?

Both the box and the TV less than a week. I have swapped both.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Tryton

Premium Member

to Tryton
Alright....thank you...I really need you to open that direct forums thread now with your modem MAC or WAN IP address.

Tryton
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

done
Tryton

Tryton to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Done!
»Lines thru tv
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Tryton

Premium Member

to Tryton
What's the status of this?

Tryton
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

nothing has changed, still getting the lines.. I'm too lazy to go and swap the box. I'm sure I will at some point..
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Tryton:

nothing has changed, still getting the lines.. I'm too lazy to go and swap the box. I'm sure I will at some point..

You don't have to. I would be happy to send a tech out. Let me know.

Tryton
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

That would be great!, If I could have a Samsung hd-dvr, it would be great.. Thanks
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Tryton:

That would be great!, If I could have a Samsung hd-dvr, it would be great.. Thanks

That might be difficult but I'll try. Open a direct forums thread with your IP and or modem MAC address.

Tryton
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

no big deal, don't worry about it. I'll just go to the lobby. Thanks for your help.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Tryton:

no big deal, don't worry about it. I'll just go to the lobby. Thanks for your help.

I can almost promise you they won't have one. You are better off with me locating you one.

Tryton
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

ok, here is the link to the direct forum
»Lines thru tv 2
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Tryton

Premium Member

to Tryton
Perfect...will be in touch tomorrow.

Tryton
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

ok thank you.
lukester
join:2012-05-16

lukester to Tryton

to Tryton
Did you get this issue resolved? I have the same problem about once a week and I will just pull the power to the cisco box and reboot it, then it's ok again. It's annoying and would like to get mine fix.

Tryton
Clearwater, FL

Tryton

Hi Luke, were testing a few things. you may be experiencing a different issue as mine happens most of the time.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to lukester

Premium Member

to lukester
said by lukester:

Did you get this issue resolved? I have the same problem about once a week and I will just pull the power to the cisco box and reboot it, then it's ok again. It's annoying and would like to get mine fix.

Luke this doesn't sound like the same issue. Please create a new thread and include details and pictures if you have them. Thanks
lukester
join:2012-05-16

lukester to Tryton

to Tryton
Ok, thanks! I will take a picture and open another trend...but my screen looks exactly like the picture in the first post.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Tryton

Premium Member

to Tryton
I understand but your symptom frequency is different. I need to keep you guys sep until I know these issues are related or not.