Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

Does Apple REALLY need to be so anal???

I mean suing Android over the swipe to open the device....

Kind of like GE suing Westinghouse over a ordinary light switch. Nothing unique just the general technology.

Oh and likely because of that absurd suit I notice most android devices swipe up/down rather than across now.

redxii
Mod
join:2001-02-26
Michigan
Asus RT-AC3100
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2

redxii

Mod

As you might not know Apple has plenty of cash to blow on lawsuits. I will not use Apple software or buy their hardware or in any other way support them. They can't stand competition and are doing everything they can to make sure that even if you buy a competitor's product they will still get a cut or eliminate it altogether.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

3 edits

Hayward0

Premium Member

And again while BG legit stole DOS for a pitance, APPLE has no claim to UNIX (all college based and never patented or let lapse) yet wants to pretend they own and the silly laawsuit of opening devices by swipe so now Andriod all vertical vs Apple side to side. unique creation... ok just needs to be different common tecnology

Again court agreed not

And lets not forget Apple was all in the crapper... until they came up with the iPod and iPhone... before that they were all but bankrupt....Still today Mac's are in NO WAY their profit margin... well maybe nickles and dimes...but don't try and tell a Mac person that. Just as infected monthly security updates though they are still only 10% of the market...people are more and more targeting them but leaving Linux alone.

I have protection on my Android Tablet which preety much never reporsts a risk... old Apple 4G all the time, thiugh still supported for the moment archaic even Apple has gone to Intel processors. The die hards curse but DUHHHH

And they had their few year to go and now pissed off they actually have to compete on a platform they no way own.

redxii
Mod
join:2001-02-26
Michigan
Asus RT-AC3100
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2

redxii

Mod

I agree. Rounded corners, icons, give me a fucking break. Other frivolous shit. The suits are full of clueless people in the juries or districts that favor any software patent no matter how stupid it is.

Apple products are appealing but their price is not justified. I had a 3G iPod but I got that for free a long long time ago. I haven't purchased any of their products. I can use my Android phone to play all my MP3s now. And all I had to do is copy them to the SD card.

Any way, I am not sure on this topic. I vehemently agree on this position and against what Apple is doing. Let's try to keep it clean.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

2 edits

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by redxii:

Any way, I am not sure on this topic. I vehemently agree on this position and against what Apple is doing. Let's try to keep it clean from now.

Absolutely but Apple is the shark in the ocean....Linux (unix apple or anyone doesn't actually own) is the dolphins... which by the way kindly as they are known very able to fend off if not kill sharks when need be.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn to Hayward0

Anon

to Hayward0
said by Hayward0:

APPLE has no claim to UNIX (all college based

UNIX was created by Bell Labs, not any college.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

4 edits

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by aannoonn :

said by Hayward0:

APPLE has no claim to UNIX (all college based

UNIX was created by Bell Labs, not any college.

Need to look at the time line...Actually ATT/Bell initially REJECTED any thought of the web a few e-w colleges had already formed vs low band even then telco lines.

It was at a very late date near 80's they came on board... and then hit use for 6 cents a min off peak(evening) rates most what you would call ISP today charged then because they did.

And without looking it up Bell may have created it for the schools that explored it but never ran with it as they did and if so Bell in fact BIG time 20 yr fumbled it.

And infact Bell had their chance still as Edu ARPANET but but late 80 became (Pres Reyguns Star Wars) DARPANET (defense nat sec BS) it took a Scandanavian to free the world to the WWW for all for free.

And especially conservatives Al Gore is much mosquoted maligned for I created the internet...but what they did do is take the D out of DARPANET and made it open to the world everafter. After Berners-Lee crearted the WWW with no compensation to himself free to the world.

Gore was a little more not attributing greedy
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes to Hayward0

Premium Member

to Hayward0
I am going to be supporting apple products because of a reseller option my boss wants to do, Joy. more over priced shiny crap to break.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

4 edits

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by moes:

I am going to be supporting apple products because of a reseller option my boss wants to do, Joy. more over priced shiny crap to break.

Now there is their BS model...how much money flowing under the table to capture your company vs what any individual might think (and actually) is better?

You have to cope with the crap but maybe company at least buys the devices... which of course means be very careful what you do with it.

Which so many caught at it just didn't have the sense to get their own personal one??? How cheap can you be even if just a wifi near everywhere these days device?

And peresonal probaly Android vs draconian/corp bound APPLE BS
Hayward0

Hayward0

Premium Member

Funny how there can never be a general question (where first posted) when it comes to the rotten APPLES.

And hey I have some love for them but not as draconian as most of you and Steve did... But then there was WOZ who tried to see things differently than Steve but in the end only way was OUT.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese to redxii

Premium Member

to redxii
You should read some of the responses from people defending them on dailytech.com, apple fanboys to the highest degree.
Cheese

Cheese to aannoonn

Premium Member

to aannoonn
Isn't the Apple OS based off BSD?

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be ··· ribution

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

Yeah well its all still UNIX, LINUX OSX no one really owns though APPLE wants to pretend they do.... guess they bought the Brooklyn Bridge from someone.

Well they certainly own OSX, but not ALL other aspects of UNIX

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

said by Hayward0:

Yeah well yeah it all still UNIX, LINUX no one really owns though APPLE wants to pretend they do.... guess they bought the Brooklyn Bridge from someone.

Apple acts as if they own EVERYTHING, even when it's clear it was ALREADY invented.
Expand your moderator at work

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC

DC DSL to Hayward0

Premium Member

to Hayward0

Re: Does Apple REALLY need to be so anal???

And Apple used to file lawsuits and badmouth Microsoft for "abusing" its dominant position. How rich.

Think Different: Say No to Apple.
91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned) to Hayward0

to Hayward0
apple is that way cuz steve jobs was a homosidal lunatic idiot

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to DC DSL

Premium Member

to DC DSL
said by DC DSL:

Think Different: Say No to Apple.

I do. I have nothing to do with overpriced underpowered toys that REQUIRE you to infect your system with itunes and quicktime.

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

There is this d-bag on dailytech, who says, that ultrabooks are more expensive then macbook air for the same specs, I showed him wrong, then he trots out the "the lcd and trackpad are inferior" argument...

/sighs...

stupid apple trolls

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

1 recommendation

r81984 to Hayward0

Premium Member

to Hayward0
Apples whole business model is a brand name with no competition that they can sell $100 equipment for $600.
If they dont stop competition, fan boys might realize that buying a apple tablet for $600 is stupid when you get the exact same thing under another brand for $300.
They must stop competition and find stupid customers to stay successful.
Unfortunately our country has judges who have no idea about technology that allow frivilous patent lawsuits to go through.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

1 recommendation

AVD to Hayward0

Premium Member

to Hayward0

PatPatate
join:2008-02-10
Sainte-Julie, QC

PatPatate to Hayward0

to Hayward0
That's why I am an Android fanboy.

Any manufacturer can decide to create a device to run on Android, so there is competition and in fact, the price of Android tabs are much lower.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

not low enough.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by AVD:

not low enough.

Really?
»VitalASC 7" Android 2.3 Capacitive Multi-touch Tab $130

Not perfect but damn big bang for the buck.

Apple ever did a 7" it would be over twice the price and be no where near as capable/connectable.
bills
Premium Member
join:2000-08-19
China

bills to Hayward0

Premium Member

to Hayward0
After my last update, mine now says "flick to unlock" lol

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated
join:2011-01-12
Woodside, NY

Jawsinc to Hayward0

to Hayward0
I've been a hardcore Mac (not Apple) fan since I started using computers but lately they are starting to lose me with the recent bullshit they are pulling.

I like competition. It keeps manufacturers on their toes. Seriously if there is no competition, then companies don't have to make quality products or make them competitively priced either. Example: If apple put everyone out of business, then the iPhone would be a thousand dollars and it would suck...wait uh...it does kinda suck...oh you know what i mean!!!

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by Jawsinc:

Example: If apple put everyone out of business, then the iPhone would be a thousand dollars and it would suck...wait uh...it does kinda suck...oh you know what i mean!!!

And bought outright (without service/contract) they already are the better part of $1000 for the top model.

shortckt
Watchen Das Blinken Lights
Premium Member
join:2000-12-05
Tenant Hell

shortckt

Premium Member

Apple will reap what they sowed: Now the DOJ is going after them (and others) for price fixing and collusion regarding e-book pricing.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by shortckt:

Apple will reap what they sowed: Now the DOJ is going after them (and others) for price fixing and collusion regarding e-book pricing.

The beauty of having 600B[yeah thats a bee] in cash. your DOJ problems go away with a l'il green grease.

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

said by dvd536:

said by shortckt:

The beauty of having 600B[yeah thats a bee] in cash. your DOJ problems go away with a l'il green grease.

I believe they have 100b in cash, not 600b.