All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Erin Alice
@cox.net

Erin Alice

Anon

[NV] Can someone recommend a cable modem that works with Cox?

Can someone tell me what cable modem is compatible with Cox in Las Vegas. I want to pick one from here:

»www.outletpc.com/network ··· ems.html

Please help. I'm very un-techy

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35

Anon

Re: [NV] Can someone recommend a cable modem that works with Cox

That place has 0 cable modems.

»ww2.cox.com/residential/ ··· 00000%7D

You can go there and see (that says San Diego but should be all the same).

Options are:
Motorola 6121/6180/6580

Zoom 5431j

I don't think you can find the others at places like Amazon or Best Buy so look for those options. Also only check the DOCSIS 3.0 modems, don't buy an older one.

SoonerAl
MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK

SoonerAl to Erin Alice

MVM

to Erin Alice
said by Erin Alice :

Can someone tell me what cable modem is compatible with Cox in Las Vegas. I want to pick one from here:

»www.outletpc.com/network ··· ems.html

Please help. I'm very un-techy

Here is the Cox approved modem list for Las Vegas...

»ww2.cox.com/residential/ ··· 00000%7D

stanley_qaz
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Gilbert, AZ

stanley_qaz to Erin Alice

Premium Member

to Erin Alice
Don't try to save too much money, get a 3.0 capable Motorola or Cisco off the list above and you'll be happier. I got a good deal at Costco on a Motorola.

If buying used make sure you will be allowed to activate the modem, Cox will check the serial number and MAC before turning it on for you. Best to check the serial number and MAC with them before paying for a used one.

Giving mom my old modem was a bit of a hassle compared to installing a new one but a couple phone calls got it done.

Beezel1
@cox.net

Beezel1 to Erin Alice

Anon

to Erin Alice
Since you are in Vegas, if you find a price from a on-line retailer you can go to FRY's and they will price match. Outlet-Pc has DSL modems which are for Century Link (phone company). You can try going to a local COX store here in town and see what they charge. They have the Cisco modems which are good modems. Whever you go you are looking for a cable modem with the DOCSIS 3 standard which is all COX has. I am in Vegas also, their network is really good here.

anon123
@cox.net

anon123 to Erin Alice

Anon

to Erin Alice
Cox Store - Cisco DPC3010 $79.99 DOCSIS 3, without a doubt.
»ww2.cox.com/residential/ ··· cing.cox

If you also have Cox Digital Phone you should ask if they will give you the Cisco DPQ3212 eMTA Phone/Internet Modem to replace your current phone modem.