K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1

4 edits

When u really get down to it?

How much simpler could the WWW be...

Just click on something otherwise you'd have to type....

But changed the world far more that Bill Gates or Steve Jobs ever did or even imagined. In fact first IE was stupidly long after WWW and Mozilla that was right there from the get go.

First IE was a MAJOR afterthought... and really it was AOhelL that got them to pay attention

Something so SIMPLE was far under their radar let alone any thought of just giving it away to the world as Berners-Lee did.
VS trying to own everything.

Yet they want to pretend they OWN any form of UNIX no one does edu/gov originated no one at the time though to patent.

OK argument could be made they were first to steal it... maybe even tried to copyright what they never created... just because you were first to steal it doesn't mean you own it.

So they are pissed off at Google/Android stole PD like they did and are gaining on them... well stop being so selfish and draconian, maybe actually start to develope and compete rather than just frivously SUE? Oh that right you just stole... the NEW creativity is long gone... and soory as lame as Steve got in the end just swipping to open is NOT Unique and proprietary.

Default android swipe is now vertical vs Apple hoiz who cares? I have a pattern sign in that has nothing to do with either.
--

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21

okay

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL

1 edit

Wow in this world of net slang you spelled it out

Guessing you agree but since you couldn't type out a few more letters guess we will never know.
--

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
reply to Hayward

I think Cabals point is your post is a RANT... not a GENERAL QUESTIONS.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL

1 edit

No it is a question....

Why they get away with it silly sue Android/Google over mundane BS like which way you swipe to open.... because they have no real claim to the really genereic (no one owns because gov big surprise dropped the ball) OS maybe?
--

bdnhsv

join:2012-01-20
Huntsville, AL

Those companies sue each other when they believe someone has violated a patent they own.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL

4 edits

Again like it really matters which way you swipe to open.... that is how little Apple REALLY owns and and the only BS they can sue over because no one owns UNIX.

Just like a lot of PD movies people forgot to renew or register copyrights.

BG arguably stole DOS but at least he bought it.

Maybe Jobs thought he did too....though he bought something in reality he could never own.
--

bdnhsv

join:2012-01-20
Huntsville, AL

Maybe you should rename this thread to "I hate Apple and all US patent, copyright and trademark laws should be abolished".

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL

2 edits

Oh now we get down to the BS... americans can only sue over nothing....

vs just getting along when you had no claim to begin with.

And hey ALL APPLE production is overseas.... may be American company but not in what they produce.

And you have no clue of that then you are far clueless than I ever tought you were.

So again tell me the ANGELS the APPLES are????
--

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
reply to Hayward

said by Hayward:

Again like it really matters which way you swipe to open.... that is how little Apple REALLY owns and and the only BS they can sue over because no one owns UNIX.

Let's see... My job depends on me making the board members and share holders money. I pass up the opportunity to make millions and at the same time send a message that my company will protect our patents. If a company does not enforce it's patent... it looses it. Then anyone/everyone can use it. How much money does the company loose then.

But to answer your question... why they sue... because it's worth millions... and they can.

Let them sue... it keeps people employed and does not cost us money. All of the people employed pay taxes on their income so we all make a little money.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL

4 edits

said by tcope:

If a company does not enforce it's patent... it looses it. Then anyone/everyone can use it. How much money does the company loose then.

Exactly as Apple thinks of UNIX... but stupidly now Apple wants to pretend they own it...(Hey I have a bridge in Brooklyn you want to buy it) when its been PD for years when the orig Gov/edu orgs never did the paperwork inreality.

If Apple bought anything it was a "pig in a poke". They will never own that has been proven by just changing the direction of open swipe on Androids to vert vs sideways to fix the stupid silly never should have been filed in the the first place but all they had to go on lawsuit.
--