All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to medbuyer

to medbuyer

Re: Connect Acer Android tablet to wired network?

The reason I want a tablet is....

1) - I'm currently off work due to cancer surgery.
»Bad news today - I got cancer
The staff I work with gave me a $200.00 gift certificate from Futureshop....

2) - My hobby is digital painting and 3D modeling/rendering. I currently have a Wacom Intuos 3 connected to my I5-2500K home built computer. The Acer tablet would be a nice compliment to my Wacom as I could doodle while on vacation. Many of the regulars on the Artrage forum recommend an Androd tablet...

Some of my aartwork here...
»Land of the Red Fox

»The Prowler

»The Protector

»Mammoth Hunters

»www2.ambientdesign.com/g ··· ser=1033

3) - I've been wanting an ereader like the Kobo or Kindle, so I'm looking for the Acer as an alternative...

4) - I would only require internet access on the Acer for os/software upgrades and I will not be using it to surf the web...
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa

said by vue666:

I'm currently off work...

You CIO dictates that you cannot use wireless at home?

How would he/she know you have wireless in your home?

Seriously? Setup an AP and enjoy the freedom.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to vue666

to vue666
said by vue666:

The reason I want a tablet is....

1) - I'm currently off work due to cancer surgery. The staff I work with gave me a $200.00 gift certificate from Futureshop....

2) - My hobby is digital painting and 3D modeling/rendering. I currently have a Wacom Intuos 3 connected to my I5-2500K home built computer. The Acer tablet would be a nice compliment to my Wacom as I could doodle while on vacation. Many of the regulars on the Artrage forum recommend an Androd tablet...

Some of my aartwork here...
»Land of the Red Fox

»The Prowler

»The Protector

»Mammoth Hunters

»www2.ambientdesign.com/g ··· ser=1033

3) - I've been wanting an ereader like the Kobo or Kindle, so I'm looking for the Acer as an alternative...

4) - I would only require internet access on the Acer for os/software upgrades and I will not be using it to surf the web...

A tablet can achieve # 1, 3 and 4 [disable wireless function]..

#2 - find an app that can do this, frankly, I'm not too sure if the tablet has enough power to do this.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned) to LLigetfa

to LLigetfa
I never said he doesn't allow wireless at home. Just a work. But I don't want to purchase anymore computer stuff (unless there's a really inexpensive router) as I'm saving my pennies to do some upgrades to my 1960 Corvette...

Besides why are you giving me an hard time. If I prefer NOT to use wireless for reasons outlined above. I will NOT be surfing the web on the tablet. It will be an e-reader and art tool...
medbuyer
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to LLigetfa

to LLigetfa
said by LLigetfa:

said by vue666:

I'm currently off work...

You CIO dictates that you cannot use wireless at home?

How would he/she know you have wireless in your home?

Seriously? Setup an AP and enjoy the freedom.

+1

not unless you have ultra secret gov't files or the BIG brother is hooked up to your network....ha ha...joke...
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned) to medbuyer

to medbuyer
said by medbuyer:

#2 - find an app that can do this, frankly, I'm not too sure if the tablet has enough power to do this.

Many of the artists on the Artrage forum are using an Android tablet.

»www2.ambientdesign.com/f ··· ?t=39313
medbuyer
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to vue666

to vue666
said by vue666:

I never said he doesn't allow wireless at home. Just a work. But I don't want to purchase anymore computer stuff (unless there's a really inexpensive router) as I'm saving my pennies to do some upgrades to my 1960 Corvette...

Besides why are you giving me an hard time. If I prefer NOT to use wireless for reasons outlined above. I will NOT be surfing the web on the tablet. It will be an e-reader and art tool...

c'mon, a wireless access point can be had for cheap....maybe like 1 side view mirror cost [$30 - 50?] of your corvette....even a simple wrt54g can work.

even e-reading needs connectivity so you can synch your e-books.

a windows tablet with an ethernet port is what you should look for but then again windows on a tablet is something not be desired of really....
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

I've downloaded some e-books and comic books already (over past year)....
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa to vue666

to vue666
said by vue666:

I don't want to purchase anymore computer stuff...

Besides why are you giving me an hard time....

You would purchase a USB to ethernet adapter and have to cobble it together to work but not an inexpensive AP that requires no effort or drivers to setup?

I'm not giving you a hard time. You must have my posts mixed up with asjamias.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

Sorry... yes it was directed to asjamias.

I wasn't aware it was hard to connected an usb ethernet nic to an Android tablet until i asked here....
medbuyer
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by vue666:

Sorry... yes it was directed to asjamias.

I wasn't aware it was hard to connected an usb ethernet nic to an Android tablet until i asked here....

you asked your question differently that's why I gave you an answer on what was your question...

if you asked can I use a usb dongle for wired or wireless connectivity, then maybe we'd all have a different reply / answer...

it's your choice...get something cheap but it really isn't what you're wanting or save up and get the right tablet for your doodling. just like getting the right parts for your 'vette...which you both clearly like....
vue666 (banned)

1 edit

vue666 (banned)

Video of an artist using a Lenovo Android...

»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· 2AYBG4#!

»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· R8f9Wo#!

»play.google.com/store/ap ··· ok&hl=en