uniqs
share rss forum feed

AndyDufresne
Premium
join:2010-10-30
Chanhassen, MN
reply to ZsExperiment

Re: [Bill] Random "non-recurring charges" of $255.36 o

Can you post a copy of that charge on the actual pdf. ? Did you by any chance get a letter from Wells Fargo about a billing mix up by them that caused issues for Comcast customers?

»articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-0···-billing

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to somms
If anyone is interested in this news item, there is currently another thread in the Comcast Cable TV forum discussing it: »[Bill] Comcast billing issue on the Consumerist site

I don't think the OP's problem may be like that case, but like plencnerb said, I'd like to see what's listed about that summary page item in the detail section of the bill.

Fronkman
An Apple a day keeps the doctor away
Premium
join:2003-06-23
Saint Louis, MO

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to ZsExperiment
not sure about the non-recurring charge, but seeing these bills is shocking to me. i can't even fathom paying upwards of $100/month for television, regardless of how many channels, DVRs or HD options it includes. reaffirms to me that using a quality HD antenna and hulu is the right choice for me. i have better things to do with the $1500-$2000 per year than spend it on "tech fees" and "cable box rentals."

those prices are borderline criminal, especially considering the garbage that passes for television these days.
--
Everyone should own a Mac! Go Bucks!

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
+1

mmuyskens

join:2010-08-15
Sacramento, CA
reply to ZsExperiment
Sounds like something similar to what is going on with me, except I cancelled Comcast as soon as I saw it.

Hit with a huge charge, followed by random credits. Check out this screenshot;

»i39.tinypic.com/2i91lcm.png

I've never once ASKED or WAS TOLD that a credit was being applied. This was all automatic by the jacked up billing system used by Comcast.

ZsExperiment
Zse
Premium
join:2004-04-01
OBX 12 North
said by mmuyskens:

Sounds like something similar to what is going on with me, except I cancelled Comcast as soon as I saw it.

Hit with a huge charge, followed by random credits. Check out this screenshot;

»i39.tinypic.com/2i91lcm.png

I've never once ASKED or WAS TOLD that a credit was being applied. This was all automatic by the jacked up billing system used by Comcast.

Oh yeah, I've got that going on too - a HUGE single extra charge and then a LOT of much smaller off-setting credits, but it was the rate adjustment on a prior bill for when my plan changed in February. This latest extra $255.36 non-recurring charge has nothing off-setting it and there is NO explanation whatsoever of what it is for. It's NOT for PPV. Comcast has already confirmed that. They have NO CLUE what it is for. I called the corporate office. They're looking into it now. Supposed to call me back. We'll see.
--
Hmmmm... That worked last time...

ZsExperiment
Zse
Premium
OBX 12 North
reply to mmuyskens
This is what mine looked like when my plan was adjusted on that month's bill. You can see that my full payment of my typical monthly bill amount was received on March 16th.

How f**ked up is that list of credits? No wonder no one, Comcast employees included, can make any sense out of the completely unidentified "non-recurring charge" on my bill.
--

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Rob
I remember back in the adephia days they charged for outlets not in use! a new house that was wired for everyroom with coax cost us about $35 a month for outlets not in use.. they use to claim it was per jack until they stopped that in thelate 90's....

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
reply to ZsExperiment
Non-recurring charges can also include Directory Assistance, 900 calls or International Calls. And having set up Comcast accounts, there could be a mix up with the returned modem, modem rental fees, duplicate install charges, and so on. I suggest going to a local office if all possible, as airwavz suggested. Calling a local number does not guarantee you will get the local office.

Even if the charges are incorrect, credit in that amount is not as simple as just removing it due to operator ID restrictions and system requirements.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH
Maybe this could be for that modem that was returned and yet they turn around and billed for it anyway.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA
reply to ZsExperiment
So glad to hear you called corporate. I had the same problem, but wont get into it here, and it was corrected the next day.

I am sure they will get to the bottom of it.
--
Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium
join:2005-01-16
WA, USA
kudos:4
reply to ZsExperiment
Maybe someone stole your identity and is messing things up...or a CC employee's friend is getting free services off ya.

ZsExperiment
Zse
Premium
OBX 12 North

1 recommendation

reply to ZsExperiment
Heard back from the corporate office. They've looked over my account and admit that it's really messed up. Shouldn't have had to use all those little credits to offset the previous charge when my plan changed, and they have absolutely no idea what the "non-recurring charge" of $255.36 is, either.

They've removed the "non-recurring charge" of $255.36 and will be watching my account for a few months to see what charges and credits are posted. They seem to think something got really screwed up with their billing software/system. They mentioned something about having similar problems with some other customers' accounts, as well.

--

mb

join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL
Good for you, A couple of years back I had a billing issue that paled in comparsion to yours. I dealt with many well meaning people who tried but couldn't fix it. Eventually a real nice lady in the big building in Philadelphia waved her wand, fixed it, and gave me some extra credits for all of my aggravation. The local office and regional office tried but couldn't fix it.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA
reply to ZsExperiment
said by ZsExperiment:

Heard back from the corporate office. They've looked over my account and admit that it's really messed up. Shouldn't have had to use all those little credits to offset the previous charge when my plan changed, and they have absolutely no idea what the "non-recurring charge" of $255.36 is, either.

They've removed the "non-recurring charge" of $255.36 and will be watching my account for a few months to see what charges and credits are posted. They seem to think something got really screwed up with their billing software/system. They mentioned something about having similar problems with some other customers' accounts, as well.

Glad to hear the great results. I have dealt with the Corp. folks for many years. And I can honestly say they care, and are concerned how things are running in their business, and satellite offices through out.
--
Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.