share rss forum feed

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
reply to ZsExperiment

Re: [Bill] Random "non-recurring charges" of $255.36 o

said by ZsExperiment:

Okay... a more recent monthly bill for service for our 5 TVs (2 HD DVRs, 1 HD box, and 2 of the little digital adapter boxes that are for formerly analog outlets).

[att=1]

Not very happy that Comcast charges an additional $9 each per month for what used to be included analog outlets, especially since the digital channels received by those little boxes are extremely limited - not the full scope of digital channels.

You can get two free digital adapters per account, vs the SD boxes you have now that cost $9. As you say, at $9 a pop there is NO reason to not get HD drops for outlets, or the free DTAs if they will work for you
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

ZsExperiment
Zse
Premium
join:2004-04-01
OBX 12 North
I don't have any SD boxes. I only have the two DVRs, one HD box and 2 of those little digital adapters. You know, the ones that don't even get all of the digital channels. They're only about 3" x 5". They're really small.
--
Hmmmm... That worked last time...

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
said by ZsExperiment:

I don't have any SD boxes. I only have the two DVRs, one HD box and 2 of those little digital adapters. You know, the ones that don't even get all of the digital channels. They're only about 3" x 5". They're really small.

If they are DTAs then they are free - otherwise you HAVE SD boxes, which cost $9 a month. The DTAs should not cost anything for up to two. You have two SD digital boxes, which cost as much each month as two HD boxes. You can get two DTAs for free, turn those in (get a receipt) and get that charge off your bill. You will only get what you used to get on the analog side (mostly ch 30 and below, less any digital premiums - locals will be there for sure) but hey, free is free.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

ZsExperiment
Zse
Premium
join:2004-04-01
OBX 12 North
I only have the 2 DTAs Comcast sent out for free. I don't have SD boxes on the outlets that were formerly analog. The only boxes I have are the 2 DVRs and the one HD box. I have no SD boxes at all.
--
Hmmmm... That worked last time...