Premium Member
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA

rtcy to birdy

Premium Member

to birdy

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

said by birdy :

BusyBox v1.01 (2005.09.07-07:38+0000) Built-in shell (lash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/ # cat /proc/kmsg
JFFS2 version 2.2. (NAND) (C) 2001-2003 Red Hat, Inc.
Using Hamming 1-bit ECC for NAND device
NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xad, Chip ID: 0xf1 (Hynix NAND 128MiB 3,3V 8-bit)
Creating 2 MTD partitions on "nand_mtd":
0x00200000-0x02200000 : "JFFS2"
0x00000000-0x00200000 : "u-boot"

Also of interest is that there is a HYNIX H27U1G8F2BTR-BC 1GB NAND Flash on board of the Rev I. I'm not exactly sure how this ram is partitioned (I don't know if the above mentioned 128MB module is partitioned from the 1GB chip or its own module).

Birdy how about a full post of what's under the hood PLEASE thank you oh and does it have a JTAG pad ?
Triptothane
join:2004-03-09
Pittsburgh, PA

Triptothane

Click for full size
Hello, I'm Birdy.

Not sure what much more you want to know. There is the same 6 pin header that's present as on the other revisions. It looks like they've moved it from the front of the processor (LED area) to the left side (power led side) of the board. JTAG is usually a 5 pin configuration, so I'm not sure of it's function. Those headers are usually placed very close to the processor or pld or fpga, so it seems strange that it was moved so far. But as far as your list goes...

NAND: Hynix H27U1G8F2BTR 128MB Module
Memory: NANYA NT5CB64M16DP-CF 128MB DDR3-1333
ARM9 Processor: ARM926EJ-Sid(wt) rev 1 (v5l)
Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver: Marvell 88E1545-LKJ2
USB Hub Controller: Genesys Logic GL850G
LAN Transformer: MAGCOM GT0001
Discrete LAN Transformers (2x): Delta LFE9311 Dual port, 10/100/1000 base
Entropic Chips (2x): EN2510 Single Chip Coaxial Network Controller and RF Transceiver

Not to hard to take this guy apart, you just need one of those fancy plastic prying tools

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium Member
Norwalk, CA

1 edit

rtcy

Premium Member

said by Triptothane:

Hello, I'm Birdy.

Not sure what much more you want to know. There is the same 6 pin header that's present as on the other revisions. It looks like they've moved it from the front of the processor (LED area) to the left side (power led side) of the board. JTAG is usually a 5 pin configuration, so I'm not sure of it's function. Those headers are usually placed very close to the processor or pld or fpga, so it seems strange that it was moved so far. But as far as your list goes...

NAND: Hynix H27U1G8F2BTR 128MB Module
Memory: NANYA NT5CB64M16DP-CF 128MB DDR3-1333
ARM9 Processor: ARM926EJ-Sid(wt) rev 1 (v5l)
Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver: Marvell 88E1545-LKJ2
USB Hub Controller: Genesys Logic GL850G
LAN Transformer: MAGCOM GT0001
Discrete LAN Transformers (2x): Delta LFE9311 Dual port, 10/100/1000 base
Entropic Chips (2x): EN2510 Single Chip Coaxial Network Controller and RF Transceiver

Not to hard to take this guy apart, you just need one of those fancy plastic prying tools

Thank you Birdy, up til 2 days ago I was not sure what the processor was from what I read. it seems since yesterday the posts in here have revealed a lot more. If I'm not mistaken the WRN350 ? has this same processor and already has support in OPEN-WRT and DD-WRT so it may be easier to port. that pad next to the Hynyx chip looks like a JTAG pad, it could also be that 6 pin on the bottom left too. NICE photo

with your permission I will post your picture and all the other new info and see if it gets done, will have to send some cash to HeadSlayer and see. this will give me a GIIG switch and a faster processor to do the VPN faster yes I can always go to a X86 box and DD or OPEN-WRT but I lack the room and don't like the noise, but also looking at ATOM based mini-itx solutions
Triptothane
join:2004-03-09
Pittsburgh, PA

Triptothane

@rtcy: You can use the picture. No bottom picture because of a hex nut I couldn't easily remove. Was starting to get all marred up. The FCC picture is good enough. Just shows ya some caps/resistors and the DDR3 chip.

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium Member
Norwalk, CA

rtcy

Premium Member

said by Triptothane:

@rtcy: You can use the picture. No bottom picture because of a hex nut I couldn't easily remove. Was starting to get all marred up. The FCC picture is good enough. Just shows ya some caps/resistors and the DDR3 chip.

thanks it a very nice picture, and I was not expecting most to do it, being scared of warranties, when in fact Verizon will never know if you opened it or not, well except for a couple I have gone to with a hammer after i bricked them but i make sure they never get them back. I think one of the insiders here at DSLR might have told on me, cause when mine do go on the fritz they send me a rev C LOL. but since I just read one post with a new install that got a C rev , that might get your imagination going on what happens to the new routers and unsuspecting customers get C's.

ok put down the guns just messing with tech's Sorry DAVE I have a over active imagination and sometimes can't help it

ps3guy
@verizon.net

ps3guy

Anon

Where can I find the 40.20.22 firmware ? Cant find it anywhere, can anyone help ?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

There is no such version for the Rev. I - the latest official release is currently 40.19.22, and it will automatically get installed when the router is connected to the network.

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium Member
Norwalk, CA

rtcy

Premium Member

In a follow up, I just saw this link posted by hubrisnxs , in the "GIG E" router thread, where you can buy the I if interested.

Its the rev i and 114 bones. »teleproducts.verizon.com ··· Products

the info on this link says it has a ARM processor so my assumption is that since only the new I has a ARM , it must be it.

BHN BLOWS
@verizon.net

BHN BLOWS

Anon

I bought one, I love it...

Sorry I meant 40.19.22 sorry I was off one number and you couldnt figure it out....
Expand your moderator at work