Tempus45
Premium Member
join:2006-07-08
USA

Tempus45 to OHN

Premium Member

to OHN

Re: [Rant] MSI 560 Ti RMA Approved Then Denied by Newegg

Have you considered an after market fan for that particular card?
OHN
join:2003-02-05
Appleton, WI

OHN

Dont have to any more. Newegg took it back.
OHN

1 edit

OHN

Not related to Newegg but wanted to revisit this thread. I had a second MSI Twin Frz II Video card. This one is just 1 Gig instead of 2. This is a card I purchased before I purchased the 2 Gig version. It is on the wife's machine.

Well today I noticed one of the fans was not spinning. Exact same issue as the other one I returned. I looked it over closely and saw one of the fins/blades was hitting the metal shroud. I tap it and it spins for a few and gets stuck again. I did this five to six times. Each time jamming itself after a few rotations. Eventually one of the blades/fins comes flying out. Works fine now but the fan is missing a fin. Not sure how it affects the cooling or if it throws the balance of the card off. I guess I will try crazy gluing the fin back but very dissapointing. I can revisit the whole RMA topic but there may be question to this voiding my warranty. Funny thing is I was thinking or recording and posting to Youtube but before I could reach for my iPhone, the fin flew off. Even if they fix it, I am sure I will have the same issue with the replacement since it is an apparent design flaw.

Xioden
Premium Member
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY

Xioden

Premium Member

The fan will be off balance, depending on how many blades depends how big the effect of it will be. One of those "turbine" style fans you might not see any significant effects, but 4 or 5 blade fans, it will likely wear quickly and fail in a couple of months if that.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn to OHN

Anon

to OHN
A friend of mine in the PC business swears by Sapphire cards.

We have a PNY video at work where the fan actually melted. I should take some pics of it.
aannoonn

aannoonn

Anon

Correction: We have a PNY video card at work where the fan actually melted.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

You really didn't need to clarify that, it was kinda obvious.