All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
49528867 (banned)
join:2010-04-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

49528867 (banned) to nunya

to nunya

Re: Portable Propane Generator Project- Complete!

said by nunya:

Most of the kits I've seen are fairly easy to install. No shop needed.

That is if one has a drill press and a matching vise to hold the carburetor just so, plus all of the properly sized drill bits (lets not forget we are going to be modifying the engines carburetor and things have to be just right), now failing to do so, one can plan on tossing a few carburetor bodies in the trash and then be ordering a few more as time advances.

Or one can do it the proper way and send off their carburetor to a company, who will not only properly modify that carburetor, they will send it back with a “NFPA” complaint conversion package, which by the way I cannot find on the Net, anyone else who sells conversions that meets that particular fuel gas code”…

»www.propane-conversions.com/

Wayne
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by 49528867:

Or one can do it the proper way and send off their carburetor to a company, who will not only properly modify that carburetor, they will send it back with a "NFPA" complaint conversion package, which by the way I cannot find on the Net, anyone else who sells conversions that meets that particular fuel gas code"...

Which, while very cool, costs money... driving up the price of the overall project. Not to say that it would be money wasted... just money that I couldn't justify for this project.

And I suspect your analysis of what's needed to modify a generator carburetor to accept propane and/or natural gas is correct as none of the shops I called wanted anything to do with a propane conversion.