spc
Search similar:

uniqs
alexis9025
join:2012-04-08
Toa Baja, PR

alexis9025

ISP Buisness

Hello everyone so i was here doing a discussion with my brother and some friends about possible business in the Technology world either Computer/Software/Networking. So while all of them where going on about Computer repair or simple networking consultation business, i drop the bomb what about a little ISP business? I mean think about the possibilities right? So i did my research and all but left me with a few blanks... Like for example about how much of an investment we are talking if its just for a little community? Like lets say 300 costumers to start with. What hardware/software are we looking at? All the possibilities, all the things you can tell me about this world it will be much appreciated. I know all businesses are volatile, so criticism with no constructive feedback please keep it to yourself. Other than that thanks for taking your time and helping me out.

So in short i would like to know:
-How isp works?
-What it takes to take the internet to the end user?
-How much of an investment are we talking about?
-Would a partnership benefit me?
-What upstream provider should i use?
-How much hardware, software and personnel?

Please tell me everything you know i would love to know allthe components. How everything works from business side to hardware. ANything reallly please. While i may not have the expertise in the area i informed myself a little bit and well have some equity to invest and would pretty much like your input.

-Alexis

Mellow
Premium Member
join:2001-11-16
Salisbury, MD

Mellow

Premium Member

If looking for lower startup costs then wireless is the way to go.

»Wireless Service Providers
alexis9025
Toa Baja, PR

alexis9025

How much of a cost diffrence we are talking about?

Mellow
Premium Member
join:2001-11-16
Salisbury, MD

Mellow to alexis9025

Premium Member

to alexis9025
50%
alexis9025
Toa Baja, PR

alexis9025

wow! 50% Even if its that expensive i would love to start it broadband preferably not wireless... how about if i start like a collocation center and then maybe start the ips buisness, what do you think?

-If its money there is no problem i just wanna know equipment detail with money and such just a quote about expenses.