how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SHawUserz

@shawcable.net
reply to distgre123

Re: Activation fee

Wish the internet down east would improve, feel bad for you guys down there!

Upgrading out east on my provider is a simple phone call and we can switch multiple times per month if we wanted to for free.

FiReSTaRT
Premium
join:2010-02-26
Canada
reply to Quake110
You may have been dealing with a rep that needs more training.

Quake110
Premium
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON
reply to distgre123
Velcom's activation fee is also $95:

quote:
ADSL 10/12/16/25MBps Costs:
» $95 Setup Fee ($20 Discount with modem purchase, only 516 or 327w modems)
» $8/Mth Modem Rental (25Mbps ONLY)

»www.velcom.ca/moreinfo.htm

jfmezei
Premium
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC
kudos:23
reply to distgre123
Bell Canada charges $90.65 for installation of any "FTTN" speeds.

Velcom is likely getting some of that money back in some other way. But they have to pay the same rate.

Note: during the month of March, Bell Canada waived the $90.65 fee. Many ISPs offered reduced rates for upgrades to FTTN.

It is possible that the Velcom web site was not upgraded since and still shows an installation price that reflects an expired promotion.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to distgre123
The $95 upgrade fee is charged by Bell to Teksavvy or any other ISP. ISPs may choose to recover the fees differently but they all have to pay Bell the $95 upgrade/activation fee for VDSL2 unless there is a March-style promo where Bell waives the fee(s).

distgre123

join:2005-08-12
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question:

My current ISP, Teksavvy wants a 95$ fee to upgrade to 25/1 speed. However, Velcom wants a 15$ activation fee for the same speed.

Why is one ISP charging 95$ and the other is asking for 15$. I was under the impression a Bell Technician has to be sent and the 95$ fee covers that... but velcom is asking for 15$.... are these 'activation fees' cash grabs?

Thanks