how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gsquare

join:2007-02-03
Lusby, MD

Cannot connect to any Viatalk customer

Just a couple days ago relized that I cannot connect to any VT user in or outbound. Calls to public switched network work fine. I'm BYOE with a GrandStream 502 for past two years and havent had issue 1 and havent changed any settings. I only talk to 2 other VT numbers but they act exactly the same. Call rings, then drops when other end goes off hook. I have a ticket in but no support until tomorrow I guess. Anyone else worked this problem??

dmolavi
Premium
join:2005-04-11
Sewell, NJ
Reviews:
·ViaTalk
·Verizon FiOS

There seem to be a string of issues that have cropped up in the past 6 weeks, and complete silence from any of the VT reps here on the board. While I don't think it's a sign of impending doom (a la Sunrocket), it doesn't bode well for the company from a customer retention standpoint (I am seriously considering going to FiOS voice).
--
NukedGallery.net
GalleryModules.com

DaveDude
No Fear

join:1999-09-01
New Jersey
kudos:1
reply to gsquare

i couldnt call another friend who is a viatalk customer as well. My port date is this thursday to phone power.

biomesh
Premium
join:2006-07-08
Tomball, TX
reply to gsquare

Just call into support. They made some change on the server that allowed my brother to successfully call my parents (who both have VT).

I switched to voipo a year ago so I didn't have any issues.

gsquare

join:2007-02-03
Lusby, MD

I called support in the late afternoon after being in a Q of 26 in the morning. The tech was quick to the chase. He had me move to hightower server (legacy) and that didnt do it. Called support back and this guy was confident that moving to chicago-1f would fix it and it did. He alluded that they are working an issue with "in service" connections.