spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

alan92rttt

join:2012-02-27

Ultra TV question for WOW_Dan

All of a sudden I am getting a message when adding a show to the schedule.

"Some shows may not be recorded to make room for your request"

Last night I added Frozen planet on discovery noew ep's only. I get this warning and it shows 3 TV shows from thursday night.

Looking at the schedule I can't see any point we're I'd habve mnore then 6 shows recording.

I am currently at less than 21% usage. I have the default record set to start 1 minute prior and run 2 minutes after.

Any clue?

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
I'm taking a guess here..

The default 1 min prior and 2 min after might have something to do with it. If you have some overlap there with shows starting and ending into each other.. all six tuners might fill up even though the shows themselves are not being recorded at the same time.

For example, if you have three shows recording from 9pm-10pm and three shows recording from 10pm-11pm.. because of your default settings of one min prior and two minutes after, you are using up all six tuners for three minutes which means if you want to record another show anywhere between 9pm to 11pm, it will show you an error.

alan92rttt

I was thinking it might be that. But. its showing the potential conflict where the new show does not overlap with any if the identified recordings.

For example, I did a single episode report of a episode of Frozen planet at 8 on Sunday. It warned me about a conflict with a show on thursday. I could see a series recording doing that if its got multiple showings and has not worked out the exact episodes yet. But why would a single record request do it.

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:35
I haven't heard of this happening, but I'm thinking it might be a glitch. Has this actually caused any issues with shows not recording yet? If so it might be something more. Let me know if it causes any issues.

alan92rttt

reply to alan92rttt
I have not had an issue yet. The 1st time it poped up was thursday when my wife added scandal. I have not noticed a miss yet.

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:35
I will mention this to some engineers, but for now I wouldn't worry about it if it doesn't miss the recordings. Let me know immediately if it does miss one. This may already be addressed in future code releases we have in testing.

alan92rttt

reply to alan92rttt
I'll keep and eye on it and let you know if I get any additional info.

rderoch

@wideopenwest.com
reply to WOW_Dan
I get this message about 50% of the time. So far, nothing has been skipped that I'm aware of, but I also get warnings about programs needing to be removed to "make room" for the new recording. I have yet to go above 15% full. I rarely can use the web interface to set a recording. 75% of the time it tells me there isn't any room. Again, only 10-15% space used.

msolo

join:2011-04-21
united state
I get this message regularly as well. The conflict is always several weeks in the future. I figure it's adding up all the shows set to record and figures I'll run out of space if I don't delete anything. I have most of my shows set up to delete manually, not automatically if I run out of room. Funny though, sometimes when trying to add a show I get this message, and then I won't get it on the next show. So it doesn't make sense. Also, after about 2 attempts online, it often won't accept another show and I have to go to the TV to schedule another recording.