how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

startop99

join:2005-07-15
Stittsville, ON

Cancelling service with Acanac

After the last fiasco with the billing department; they double charged me when I switched from DSL to Cable Internet: it took over five months before I got my money back.
I am cancelling my account and hopping that I won't get into any problem. I will let everyone know if I run into any problem cancelling my account.
Ticket # LIE-24763

Lynn0
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7

Acanac Inc.

Just looked at the ticket and it should go right through.
Expand your moderator at work

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

Re: Cancelling service with Acanac

I have already asked you to pm me with your information so i can help

muskoka

join:2012-05-25
reply to startop99
Hi,

I am planning to change my service from dsl bronze to cable. But it seems on your experience, it is not a good idea. This is what I am asking to billing dept., they charged me already for one year renewal of my dsl, I would like them to use the money they got for upgrading my service to cable. But the billing dept. wants to charge me again for cable for one year and will refund the remaining. I don't want to have problems in the end so I am still thinking. What happen to you?

muskoka1

@acanac.net
reply to startop99
Hi,

I am planning to change my service from dsl bronze to cable. But it seems on your experience, it is not a good idea. Any suggestion?

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON
reply to startop99
First step in switching over to our cable internet is to make sure it is available in your area. Please go to acanac.com first, press on cable internet and then press on order now. Then you will put in your postal code with no spaces and verify that the service is available in your area. If the service is available in your area you fill out the order form for the Cable internet. Then you will need to email billing@acanac.com and tell them your user name that you have with the dsl, your address and that you are canceling the dsl service because you just signed up for our cable internet. Here is where you can ask them to transfer the funds left on your dsl account and just charge you for the rest of the year that you would owe.

muskoka

join:2012-05-25
Hi Lynn,

I really would like to change my dsl to cable but then billing dept. is insisting me to pay the one year charge first for the cable service and they will just refund me for the rest. I don't mind paying what I owe but I don't want to be double charged on my credit card and same thing will happen to me with what happen to startop99 who waited 5 mos. for his refund.

Lynn0
Premium
Trenton, ON

Re: Acanac Inc.

Billing has since gotten caught up and it should not take that long for a refund now. I wish I could make it easier for you but billing makes all the decisions when it comes to payments.