spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NuclearXP

@gm.com

HomeConnect Video Resolution Resetting

When watching videos from my home server running Tversity on either of my media gateways, the video signal looks like it keeps resetting as both of my flatscreens repeatidly go blank, then come back re-displaying the resolution and refresh rate. My server is plugged directly into the DVR/Router. I had 0 issues for years playing the exact same encoded video via my XBOX video player.

NuclearXP

@gm.com
Sorry, to clarify each TV has had it's native resolution set on each gateway appropriately (1080i and 720p) with 0 issues watching any TV show live or recorded. I can't tell if the media gateway is having trouble keeping the connection to the DLNA server or decoding the video (using handbrake, .mp4 video files) but the tv signal from the media box definately looks like it's dropping and resetting.

sgc

join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL
reply to NuclearXP
Is the native resolution the ONLY one selected?

NuclearXP

@wideopenwest.com
I've tried selecting both the native resolution by itself and other combinations of all resolution(s) each tv could support. Seems the media player doesn't like displaying video (consistently) that isn't in a pure 4:3 or 2.35:1 etc. aspect ratio. This feature feels incomplete and buggy with insufficient requirements for proper funtionality.

NuclearXPano

@wideopenwest.com
reply to NuclearXP
Minor update... I reencoded a few videos from source using ffmpeg in an MPEG container rather than using h.264 and seem to be getting better results.