how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zulu0600

join:2012-04-09
Ottawa, IL

[IL] Docsis 3.0 in north-central IL?

Does anyone have any insight into when DOCSIS 3 will be available in north-central IL? I live in Ottawa (61350) and heard a rumor back in December that DOCSIS 3 was coming "in a couple months." I attempted to contact Mediacom via support, but was not given an answer. Thanks.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:116

We do not have a set ETA for the Ottawa head end at this moment. I am trying to get a set date and when I get something I will let you know.

Streatorguy

@mchsi.com
reply to Zulu0600

It is available now. I am a tech in the area. If you want to contact me directly, I can assist you in getting an install/upgrade set up for you breum@mediacomcc.com

InterceptorX

join:2009-08-23
Streator, IL
reply to Zulu0600

Is this also available in Streator yet?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

InterceptorX -DOCSIS 3.0 is currently available in Streator, IL. You are able to get speeds up to 50 Mbps.

dgeneral2012

@mchsi.com

Im taking it this is also available in Granville, IL? Im currently on the 20/2 plan with a SB 5120 modem and havent had much problems, but was wondering if things were setup so I could use a 3.0 modem till I decide to upgrade to the 3.0 service.

Also what is the price range for the 50/5 service

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

IM me your account information and I will be more than happy to check into this for you.

wacko1128

join:2010-03-23
Clinton, IL

Any news on Clinton, IL (61727) yet?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Still no ETA on Clinton, IL at this time.

caseywor

join:2004-04-19
Orlando, FL

Hey Chad.....sorry to pile on, but any news on Semmes, AL yet? I can see that it lists "Mobile County" as having it available, is it that the Mobile County headend is a separate or master to Semmes?

rudnicke
Premium
join:2004-10-23
Rantoul, IL
kudos:4
reply to Zulu0600

A tech told me that they have the new (whatever that thing is) in place for 61866, but they are waiting for someone at the top to allow it to be turned on (switched over to, put in place, etc). Still waiting for that to happen.
--
One Big Ass Mistake America