spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CaseyD

@ideaone.net

[Qwest] Best Century Link Modem

I am looking to get Qwest/Century Link service in my area(fastest they offer is 1.5 currently), and I am wondering what people have found to be the best modem. I have a wireless router, so I would just want traffic to pass through. I do online gaming, browsing, and possibly some VPN in the future. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Flash20

join:2001-10-07
Sedalia, CO

Try the Motorola 3347.

BeanDip0001

@embarqhsd.net
reply to CaseyD

the 660 they send out or at least used to, don't know what they send out now isn't a bad modem/router at all. since you've already got a router just set the modem to bridge mode and you should be good to go. if you don't want to pay the $5 rental, i don't blame you, you can buy your own 660, zoom makes cheap ADSL2+ modems that work well.

»www.zyxel.com/products_services/···html?t=p

the above is the one they used to give out when you signed up for service, sprint/embarq anyway, don't know if they still do.

just remember you can use any ADSL2+ modem in my area we use PVC1 so 8/35 in your settings and set the thing to bridge, let your router do the work.

chpalmer

join:2002-11-18
Belfair, WA
reply to CaseyD

I use Zoom 5715's in ex Qwest territory... They are a bridge only device with no routing capabilities. I also use a separate router. Never have to reboot even with 24/7 video streams up the pipe...

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
reply to CaseyD

The TP-Link TD-8816 is decent, and only $20 brand new.

doc4pcs

join:2001-12-21
Gladys, VA

I purchased this one (actiontec) »www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···25109010 a few weeks ago and I have had no issues and I have no complaints about it. It has been very reliable so far.
--
Centurylink 6meg DSL