spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jasmo34

join:2008-03-20
London, ON

New Ontario Cable Plans Rate-Limited during peak, or Not?

Hi!

I noticed the ACANAC web page for Ontario Cable now shows the new 18 & 28 speeds, and new prices.

But, I do not see ANY MENTION of the rate-limiting during peak hours. In fact, if you go right through the sign-up page it is not mentioned at all.

That's quite a detail to 'omit'!

OR, are the new plans now full-speed, 24/7?

Pricing also seems different on the web-page, vs the new pricing announcement in your other forum (Wed Apr 04), vs the actual sign-up page. I would assume all 3 should match.

Lynn0
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7
Paul will be updating the webpage but only he can tell you when.

jasmo34

join:2008-03-20
London, ON
Well, regardless of what the website says, can you not tell me if ACANAC's new Ontario Cable plans are throttled during prime time as previously announced, or not? A 50% Speed-Limit is 'significant'!

Please confirm one way or the other.

~~~~~

And... A relative of mine has just encountered another situation with Acanac, concerning 2 new cable internet installations (both single-family homes, in older established areas, here in London). Both have Acanac 6M DSL now.

Initial postal code lookup said cable internet was available via Acanac, at both locations. My relative then phoned Acanac, and got advice on buying appropriate modems for the desired plans, and routers, and other details, etc. He went out and bought 2 modems and 2 routers, and proceeded with the online signup with Acanac.

NOW, 10 or so days later, he has received emails for both installations, saying cable internet is not available for either location from ACANAC.

BTW, the initial availability tests from Start and TSI both say cable internet is available too!

Both houses have Rogers coax into the house. One house has even had Rogers Cable Internet in the past.

How could ACANAC's "footprint" not reach that house now?

Thx!

Lynn0
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7
This was said by Paul, one of the owners on another message board:
"We are not going to half the speed for the 5 hour period. It will only be applied on a as need basis. A good example is right now. It's not needed so we are not imposing it. "

As far as the sites telling them that they can get the service and then getting an email back saying no they can not from the cable department, Can I please suggest you send feedback to feedback@acanac.com as the owners read these. We have been hearing that quite a bit lately so there seems to be a definite problem there. If feedback is left there for the owners to read they can then get hold of Rogers who are our installers and find out why when we check addresses it is telling us yes/no when the answer is the opposite in alot of cases.