spc
uniqs
DolanFan
join:2003-12-23

1 recommendation

DolanFan to dmolavi

to dmolavi

Re: Easter Sunday and NO SERVICE!!

ViaTalk needs to come clean on this issue. Sorry VTTanya but your response does not cut it. With the number of users that were impacted someone should have be paged to fix the issues based on monitors that should have been in place to trap such an issue. My service came back on Monday with my ticket still hanging with no response. No phone service on Easter Sunday with no way to get it fixed on something impacting multiple users - are you kidding me??

Ok look in all fairness I love Viatalk. It is usually pretty reliable and has good audio quality. I do experience glitches 1 or 2 times a year which I assume are caused by other improvement changes in the infrastructure or in the end to end communication sometimes out of Viatalks control. Those issues are usually fixed in short order via a web ticket. The price point is fantastic - after discounts and adding fees with 2 year service for me it's about 15 bucks a month.

Now having said all of the above Viatalk, I remain a loyal customer BUT please don't insult my intelligence with lame excuses over my loss of service on Easter Sunday. Come clean and tell us what you will do next to to have better coverage for multiple user outages on days with limited staffing....

dmolavi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-11
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi

Premium Member

I'm with you on this...she did PM me stating to include a specific tag in the ticket subject line the next time something comes up that doesn't get resolved quickly, but it shouldn't have to come to that.

As with you, we have the occasional glitch here and there, but March was *very* bumpy, the worst I'd seen since the Sunrocket exodus. Things seem to have smoothed out in the past week, but I'm keeping a close eye on things.

If things continue to be flaky, and have to go month-to-month when my 2 years are up, it saves me no money to stick with VT vs going with VZ (and I'd get 25/25 on FiOS vs my 15/5 I have now).

The only other real gripe I have with VT (and I've stated it before) is the lack of an Android app. If they can get this going, and the reliability back to what it used to be, I will stick with them.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to DolanFan

Premium Member

to DolanFan
said by DolanFan:

The price point is fantastic - after discounts and adding fees with 2 year service for me it's about 15 bucks a month.

It's great that VT works well for you.

Regarding your specific comment on price, [VOIPo] offers 2 years of service for $ 165.00 including taxes, fees, and adapter, which comes to $ 6.88 a month.

I have no connection with them, and in fact I am a big supporter of a different company altogether.

Yet I feel it's important to note that the world has moved on.

[VOIPo] is chock full of features, was founded by a former ViaTalk exec, and after initial growing pains is now very reliable. They have US-based customer support.

ViaTalk was a pioneer and continues to be a good option. But it's always good for customers to be aware of the competitive marketplace, especially with such large price differences.

VTTanya
join:2008-09-26
Clifton Park, NY

VTTanya to DolanFan

to DolanFan
Unfortunately the issue that occurred did not trigger our standard monitoring systems. Once the engineers identified where the issue originated, we adjusted our monitoring systems to include additional data to avoid this in the future. We are also in the process of launching a new server that has increased storage and processing power. That is near completion and is slated to go into testing next week.