Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

depster

join:2001-06-07
united state
reply to xspork

Re: [Connectivity] Help:We accidentally cut our comcast HSI line

I had contacted Miss-Dig in our area and have yet to have the residential underground cables marked. Pole to Ped and Ped to Ped cables were marked; however, no Ped to home markers.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
said by depster:

I had contacted Miss-Dig in our area and have yet to have the residential underground cables marked. Pole to Ped and Ped to Ped cables were marked; however, no Ped to home markers.

like I said, this varies by jurisdiction.
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--
The preceding posting is null and void in Arizona and any other jurisdiction where prohibited by law.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to depster
You dont get everything marked when you call miss dig or whatever your state agency is. The official rule is you put white paint where you plan to dig. They mark whatever is 15 feet from that spot. If you dig outside the 15 foot spot its treated the same as never calling. The technology used to locate the lines involves putting a small charge on the line to locate it. Of course since Phone, cable, electric are all bonded at the house its not a guarantee that it can even be located. Often times i show up to dig and just get a orange question mark at the ped. That just means the guy tried and failed to locate it. Ide rather have a question mark than a guess of where it is. Of course the person has to swallow a little pride to leave a question mark.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
many times i end up having my locate bleed over to electric, or phone.....sometimes their isnt anything to do but put shovel to dirt and pray.
--
I'm better than you!