pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

1 recommendation

2020?

How about right now for most?

Anyway the antenna will hopefully be up by this weekend. I can't look myself in the eye and say cable TV is worth paying what is close to a car payment each month.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

Jim Gurd
Premium
join:2000-07-08
Livonia, MI

1 recommendation

I cut the cord in December 2009 and have no regrets.

skuv

@rr.com
reply to pnh102
said by pnh102:

Anyway the antenna will hopefully be up by this weekend. I can't look myself in the eye and say cable TV is worth paying what is close to a car payment each month.

It wouldn't be right now for most. It's $200 with a triple play with all premium services, and that's not what they're referring to for the 2020 number.

You putting up an antenna isn't getting you the same services that are in a triple play package, so don't compare those apples to those oranges.

dslfan90

@sbcglobal.net
reply to pnh102
said by pnh102:

The article only covers the cost for TV services. It does not include internet or phone. $200 for TV service is not the price that most people now pay.

H Sapiens

@sbcglobal.net
reply to skuv
said by skuv :

You putting up an antenna isn't getting you the same services that are in a triple play package, so don't compare those apples to those oranges.

And you're assuming that those "same services" are worth anywhere near what they are priced at. Newsflash: Those bundles aren't that great.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
reply to skuv
said by skuv :

For me, TV is TV. I couldn't care less about live sports, at least not to the point of paying extra for it. Anything else I want to see I can either get on DVD or stream.

With gas and food prices rising, something has to give.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to dslfan90
No, but NPD suggests the average annual rate increase is 6%. Using that rate, and a basis of $86 in 2011, I calculate the bill to be ~$145 in 2020. I doubt $200 is the magic number in 2020, although the alliteration is nice.

ncbill
Premium
join:2007-01-23
Winston Salem, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to skuv
$200/month here on TWC for dad's digital cable, 3 cable boxes, HBO/Showtime/Starz.

Another $100/month for phone+DSL.

If I switch him over to cable triple play and drop down to 2 boxes (no premium channels) it will be about $125/month for a year.

said by skuv :

said by pnh102:

It wouldn't be right now for most. It's $200 with a triple play with all premium services, and that's not what they're referring to for the 2020 number.